Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menus not work on Chrome.

Options
  • 17-10-2011 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Using Beta skin - menus stopped working at some stage this morning. Can click on the links but the dropdowns not appearing. Working ok on Firefox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Working fine on Chrome here. Using Ubuntu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Windows 7 here. I've just uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and it's the same.

Yep. Hover over My Forums and nothing happens. Click on Meny Preferences button - nothing. All ok in Firefox - only in Ubuntu. I've just cleared all cookies, history etc and no change.

[edit]Switched back to default theme and menus work fine - so it's only on the beta theme.

Orion wrote: »
    Yep. Hover over My Forums and nothing happens. Click on Meny Preferences button - nothing. All ok in Firefox - only in Ubuntu. I've just cleared all cookies, history etc and no change.

[edit]Switched back to default theme and menus work fine - so it's only on the beta theme.

Right so, I'll give it a look this evening and hopefully confirm something (and maybe what) is broken with Beta on Windows with Chrome :)

Right so, I'll give it a look this evening and hopefully confirm something (and maybe what) is broken with Beta on Windows with Chrome :)

No probs. I'll one windows laptop at home - I'll try it on that this evening too.

• Advertisement

Menus working fine on vanilla Chrome for me on Windows 7

Working at home on the laptop too. Must be something local. Strange though - vanilla install - no addons and nothing changed. Worked then stopped working. I'll uninstall again tomorrow and clear out any folders/registry entries and see how I go.

And I come in to work this morning and it's working again. I did nothing to fix it - didn't even reboot or logoff yesterday evening. Hate when things like that happen.

Cheers for updating anyway, transient bugs ftl :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement