Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help- Transfer contacts from Blackberry to iPhone

• 17-10-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Help needed guys.
    My sisters boss has a blackberry and has just got an iPhone 4.
    He has 1400 contacts he needs transferred to iPhone. There is a few quid in it for me if I do it but never even using a blackberry before I wanna make sure I can do it.
    Any guides how to do this and what do I need regarding cables etc.
    Don't want to say I will do it and then look like an arse when I fail.
    Need to let my sister know asap and for her to bring the 2 phones home to me.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Did it myself before. Transferred contacts from blackberry to outlook using blackberry desktop manager. It's a free download and you'll need the relevant cable to connect it to the computer.
    Once downloaded, you plug in the blackberry and it'll give you about 5 options of what you can do. Only of these would be to sync with outlook. You would click on this option and tell it to sync with outlook\ express whatever you may have.
    When is is done click sync and you'll see all your contact appear in the contacts tab in outlook.
    Plug iPhone into iTunes to activate and in the info tab near the top of iTunes, there will be an option to sync contacts with outlook and your done.

Recalling this from memory and the only thing I remember getting stuck on was that I never told the blackberry desktop manager service where to sync the contacts too.

The link below might be a bit better, but unable to try it out at the mo
    http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/170253/transfer-your-contacts-blackberry-iphone-or-android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

How did this go? I know someone else trying the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 rainnyday

Simply connect your BlackBerry to your PC and start the BlackBerry Desktop software. Go to Device, Backup, and back up your phone - making sure that the Contacts are being backed up.
    Now that your Contacts are on your PC, simply connect your iPhone and launch iTunes. Just below the main playback information window. Select 'Info', and then tick the box next to 'Sync Contacts'. The next time you sync your iPhone on that PC your contacts will sync with your iPhone.

But,the method is a bit troubled. you can rely on a third party tool to transfer contact from BlackBerry to iPhone,such as Phone Transfer, which also work well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

rainnyday wrote: »
    Simply connect your BlackBerry to your PC and start the BlackBerry Desktop software. Go to Device, Backup, and back up your phone - making sure that the Contacts are being backed up.
    Now that your Contacts are on your PC, simply connect your iPhone and launch iTunes. Just below the main playback information window. Select 'Info', and then tick the box next to 'Sync Contacts'. The next time you sync your iPhone on that PC your contacts will sync with your iPhone.

But,the method is a bit troubled. you can rely on a third party tool to transfer contact from BlackBerry to iPhone,such as Phone Transfer, which also work well.

Maybe it worked 3 years ago........:rolleyes:

Advertisement