Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Eyes On IM Lanzarote...

• 17-10-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Over the summer I have pretty much done no specific training... with no goals or objectives... I had lost my interest in training & racing, and consequently did sweet all...

In frustration with myself I decided that I needed a specific goal, and something which I could visualize and train for, with a realistic target with my crosshairs. Otherwise I decided that if I wasn't going to give it my all, then their was no point doing it at all. It's now or never and if my mojo doesnt come back I am going to hang up my boots, and chase other dreams and interests...

I have kept other blogs from time to time of this forum -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55543538

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66187091

which I have found useful; so I thought that I would do the same again.

What I hope to achieve from this blog is to:
    *** Document my training/racing and subsequent thoughts
    *** Receive constructive advice from others
    *** Motivation

I have to say that I am looking forward to the challlenge. The idea of completing an Ironman does make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
    I know that I am parachuting into the deep end but it's now or never for me... But I am looking forward to tackling the challenge.

I got back into training the last weeks with the aim of trying to learn to enjoy just training again & why I got into the sport. I will try and back date the training for the last few weeks as I know what I did. It has been fun again, and suprisingly some of times have not been too bad considering my extended layoff.

Here it goes...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Welcome back snack_ie good to have you around and loving all these IM logs :) You picked an event to suit your strengths that is for sure. Also your proven ability to smash yourself will be a strength when the going gets tough but something you will have to really keep a lid on for this journey. Don't shy away from windy training cycles to prepare for the Lanza bike! I've a feeling that if you master the art of turning a styrofoam cup inside out without breaking it approach to training, you will do very well in your AG at Lanza ;) One to watch. Best of luck with this, I'll be following with interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Good luck snack_ie, im looking forward to following your log (and lanzarote is on my hitlist for some time, so i've a vested interest in here ;)).!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yeah another IM log to follow, bookmarked!! Best of luck with the training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Nice target snack. Best of luck with it. IM's are getting fierce popular! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Best of luck Snack, a toughie in terms of IM courses, by all accounts, lies ahead for you. You are in the right place anyway for advice, tips and support with the ever growing Ironmen here on boards. Best of luck and I look forward to your journey and race report :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Cheers guys,

Looking for to the challenge. Will post up some more thoughts when I get the chance up early for tomorrow unfortunately.

Week 38 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike to/from work; hill reps after work
    Tu -Bike to/from work; 12x400m on track (74-75s with 90s recovery)
    We - Bike to/from work
    Th - n/a
    Fr - Bike to/from work
    Sa - 5.5hrs MTBing
    Su - 30min easy running

Week 39 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike to/from work; 75min run x3 hills reps of roughly 5min each
    Tu - Bike to/from work; 12x800m on track (2.45,2.40,2.40,2.41,2.40,2.40,2.41,2.41)
    We - n/a
    Th - Bike in; Swim 45mins; Run 30mins
    Fr - n/a
    Sa - 5.0hrs MTBing
    Su - n/a

Week 40 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike home; Run 75mins
    Tu - Bike to/from; Run on track; 12x400m (74, 71, 70, 72, 72, 73, 78, 77, 77, 72, 76, 77)
    We - Run 75mins
    Th - n/a
    Fr - 45min run; 1hr 15min MTB
    Sa - 3hr MTB
    Su - 1h15min MTB

Week 41 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - 1hr Run
    Tu - n/a
    We - n/a
    Th - n/a
    Fr - n/a
    Sa - n/a
    Su - n/a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

snack_ie wrote: »
    Week 38 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike to/from work; hill reps after work
    Tu -Bike to/from work; 12x400m on track (74-75s with 90s recovery)
    We - Bike to/from work
    Th - n/a
    Fr - Bike to/from work
    Sa - 5.5hrs MTBing
    Su - 30min easy running

Week 39 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike to/from work; 75min run x3 hills reps of roughly 5min each
    Tu - Bike to/from work; 12x800m on track (2.45,2.40,2.40,2.41,2.40,2.40,2.41,2.41)
    We - n/a
    Th - Bike in; Swim 45mins; Run 30mins
    Fr - n/a
    Sa - 5.0hrs MTBing
    Su - n/a

Week 40 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - Bike home; Run 75mins
    Tu - Bike to/from; Run on track; 12x400m (74, 71, 70, 72, 72, 73, 78, 77, 77, 72, 76, 77)
    We - Run 75mins
    Th - n/a
    Fr - 45min run; 1hr 15min MTB
    Sa - 3hr MTB
    Su - 1h15min MTB

Week 41 - Mo.17.10.11

Mo - 1hr Run
    Tu - n/a
    We - n/a
    Th - n/a
    Fr - n/a
    Sa - n/a
    Su - n/a

Hi snack-ie, best of luck on the new challenge.
    Just wondering did you manage to get a place in lanzarote, I was going to try it also and put my name on standby list a month ago but haven't heard anything? Had you signed up recently or how did you do it,

Cheers.

Hey, I signed up in August I think! When I went to enter there were very few places left. You get £300 pounds back if you pull out before 1st Jan 2012 so I would imagine that you might have to wait a bit longer before seeing if you got a place. Roth or Austria would have been my preferred choice but both were full by the time I got around to entering!

This week has been OK training wise, although I am not sure if I am going to get any more training in this week. I am off to Rome early Friday morning till Sunday evening, which will be pretty saucy - I might try and take it easy depending on how things are going. If I can I will sneak a few short runs in, if possible.

---

Monday 17.10.11
    30min run; 1hr swim; 30min run
    We did 5x50 off the blocks as Masters Nationals are in 2 weeks - amazing how hard it was when pushing yourself - times were 37-38 consistently

Tuesday 18.10.11
    30min run; 1hr swim; 30min run
    Main set was: 16x100m of 2.00 coming in around 1.45, which I found tough not having swam in a long time! Amazing how you lose it. Hopefully I find it again.

Wednesday 19.10.11
    65min easy run home from work

I was thinking about giving this a miss, but glad I did it now. My experience the previous night on the tube made me never want to get the tube again, something which I will be trying to achieve.

---

I am slowly starting to get back into the swing of things again, but it will take a few weeks to get fully up and running till where I am happy.

I am hoping to start swimming in the mornings again twice a week I think, with a planned gym & core session after. I may do 75min easy run home from work these evenings.

Ideally I want to sit down with a very good IM friend and bounce a few ideas of him as to how is the best way to go about training, as it looks like I will be going down the self coaching route. I plan on training with my mate though which should be good for piggy backing on sessions. He really knows his stuff and has pulled out some record breaking times this year!

It's amazing though how much co-ordination a full week's training takes - from planning and committing your week's training; to having a fully stocked fridge; to organising your gear; to having your work clothes ready... so much to do. I know I cannot go from zero to hero in a week so that why i am trying to take the approach that I will piece together the little bits it takes to commit to do quality training week in - week out.

There was no training from Th.20.10-Mo.24.10 as I was on a work weekend away in Rome. Lots of drinking & not much sleeping.

Good thing now is that I am all clear to train till X-Mas I think - so I can start to lay the foundations!

Tuesday 25.10.11
    Commute to/from work - 25km; 1hr
    I skipped running intervals as just wasn't feeling like punishing myself.
    PM: 1hr Swim & 30min Run home

Wednesday 26.10.11
    Commute to/from work with 5xHill Reps of Swains Lane on the way home.
    Total: 1hr45min; 35km

Thursday 27.10.11
    Commute to/from work - 25km; 1hr
    PM: Swim: 1h r15min Swim & 30min Run home

Friday 28.10.11
    Nothing - I had planned on running in but skipped it.
    Out for drinks in the evening

Saturday 29.10.11
    PM: 1hr easy running & 1hr 15min Swim
    Main Set: 3 x [200f/s on 4; 2x25 b/k on 45; 150f/s on 3.00; 2x25 b/k on 45; 100f/s on 2.00; 2x25 b/k on 45]
    Felt good again in the water - although the times were easy but still felt better than in a long time.

Sunday 30.10.11
    AM: Bike - 2hr15 min - My spin was cut short as I ripped my tyre open unfortunately!
    PM: Run - 1hr 15min easy; 155 avg hr; roughly 15km with some hills.

Totals
    Swim: x3; 3hr 30min; 7km
    Bike: x2; 6hr; 130km
    Run: x3; 2hr 15min; 27km
    Roughly 12hrs or so...

I met up with a mate of mine on Saturday who is pretty handy and we were talking though IM training. I got some good advice which I hope to incorporate into my training; with lots to think about. Looking forward to the challenge now though. Enjoyed this week - felt easy!

• Advertisement

Mo 31.10.11
    Commute into work; 30mins
    Run home easy - nearly bonked on this! Not good. 1hr.

Tu 01.11.11
    Commute home from work; 30mins
    PM: Run Intervals - 12x400m on track w/90s recovery (71-74s/rep)

We 02.11.11
    Meetings meant that I couldn't cycle to work today.
    Nothing - just not arsed running home from work!

Th 03.11.11
    AM: Swim 90mins, 3500m; 30mins in gym of upper body & core work.

Fr. 04.11.11
    Commute into/out work, 1hr, 25km
    PM: Swim: 3600m including 9x200m of 3.30. First time in a while that I have felt strong in the water!

Sa 05.11.11
    AM: Hills reps on the bike, 1hr15mins, x7 reps, avg HR 175 ish - about a 4min climb roughly.

Su 06.11.11
    AM: Swim, 1hr, 2500m; 45mins in gym of upper body & core work
    PM: Supposed to run but was pretty smashed so I gave it a miss tonight!

*** I was supposed to have a 4hr mountain bike race today but unfortunately my mountain bike broke so no could do. Disappointing but all the same **** happens and have to move in. As a result I missed my planned run on Saturday evening and just had to deal with it. I was also really tired after studying this evening so skipped my planned run - now I feel great! How annoying!

*** Not what I was looking for training wise this week! Pretty disappointing! Got to up my game!

Swim: x3; 3hr 45mins; 9.5km
    Bike: x1; 3hr 15mins; 30km & 50km commuting
    Run: x2; 2hr; 18km
    Gym: x2; 1hr 15mins
    Total: 10hrs

*** Positives are though that I managed to make one 6am swim session which I actually enjoyed! I am starting to feel stronger again swimming! My running times are not too bad considering that lack of focused running. Time to get my ass in gear!

Weekly Synopsis:

Mo 07.11.11

Bike to/from work; 25km; 1hr
    PM: 40min run with 20min of hills up & down Primrose Hill; Avg HR: 160 (trying not to over do it - maintaining form going up, and easy down)

Tu 08.11.11

PM: Swim: 1hr; roughly 2500m; 30mins easy run home

We 09.11.11

I didn't feel like training tonight so I didn't bother.

Th 10.11.11

AM: Gym; 65mins

Fr 11.11.11

PM: Swim: 1hr15mins; 3300m

Sa 12.11.11

AM: Bike 2hr 45min easy; trying to keep it in the big ring as much as possible.
    My bike, or all 3 of my bikes are in need of a good service - normally I would do it myself but just don't seem to have the time with work, study, training & life - going to bite the bullet and get it done this week though as it's hindering my training!

PM: Run: 80mins; 159 avg HR; 17km; 4:42min/km
    This run was laboured... I could tell that I was on the verge of training training... It wasn't a struggle or unenjoyable just my HR was high for what it should have been.
    Saturday nights was 11hrs & I needed every bit of it - it backed up what I had know.

Su 13.11.11

AM: 60min in Gym

Totals:

Swim: x2; 2hr15mins; 5700m
    Bike: x3 & x1; 3hr & 2hr45mins; 75km & 75km
    Run: x3; 2hr30mins; 32km
    Gym: x2; 2hr5mins;
    Total: 12hrs 35mins

Some thoughts...

*** My swimming is starting to feel good again which is positive - it does depend though on the night; and if I was in the gym recently - I was keeping an eye on my times on Friday night and I was easily coming in on 1.35-1.40/100m.

*** I have entered my first official gala in two weeks time - a 1500m in order to give me a bearing of where I am at - I had thought about a month back that if I could go sub 26mins that I would be happy with that - I think now I might go close to 25 mins (1.40min/100m) but only time will tell - I am not sure how my endurance is though!

*** I want to try and increase the frequency of my running up to x5 times per week and I need to start to stretch out my longer runs towards the 2 hours mark really - Also running only 30km per week in just not good enough.

*** Again on the bike has been a struggle - I didn't feel brilliant on Saturday and I cannot remember the last time I was on my road bike apart from commuting. Again hoping to do some hill reps during the week and get a long ride in on Saturday AM either on the mountain bike or road bike. Also want to be pushing 4hr30mins easy before the end of the month!

*** I also entered the Watford Half Marathon which is on the 5th February 2012 which I am going to try and work towards - I need to set myself a clear goal and training plan to achieve this and stick to it - Any inputs about what a realistic target would be and training plans?

Overall though I am enjoying my training once more, which I havn't done in a long long time so times are exciting I think... Looking forward to getting the hard work done!

Mo 14.11.11

30mins ride into work; 12.5km - felt so laboured!
    Feeling exhausted, so took the evening off - luckily it coincided with a late night in work, and an early Tuesday morning.

Tu 15.11.11

30mins ride home; 12.5km
    PM: Run Intervals:
    1600m warm up; stretching; strides; 12x400m with 90s recovery; 1200m easy
    I deleted my times by mistake but they were between 73-75s/rep - I didn't feel great - The plan was to run strongly throughout, but legs didn't feel as good as they have.
    Bottom line is that I need to run more; not going to improve on running twice a week!

We 16.11.11

AM: Gym; 1hr before work
    PM: 65mins easy run home; Avg HR 140; Calves are tight from Tuesday night.
    I was hoping to do do 75mins but was running on empty as didn't have a proper lunch in work as so busy!

Winter is here this week - It has gotten so cold all of a sudden.

Plan for the rest of the week is:
    Th: Swim & Run
    Fr: Swim & Run
    Sa: TBC - Possible XC Race
    Su: TBC - Possible bike ride in Surrey Hills

Hasta Luego!

Th.17.11.11

PM: Swim - 1hr 15mins; 3500m.
    Awesome set - jumped up a lane and was hanging towards the end but an awesome set.
    Main: [5x100 f/s on 1.40; 4x25 on 30s; 200 f/s]x3 first set of 5 have 1 IM, 2nd set had 2 IM, 3rd set had 2 IM; IM off 2min

Fr.18.11.11

AM: Easy 1hr run to work

Sa.19.11.11

PM: 30mins run; 1hr 15min swim

Su.20.11.11

AM: Surrey Hills - 6 hills ride - 6.5hours; 160km.
    Really cold and foggy but a good rided. My legs died about 40km from home. Not bonked but no juice.

Totals:
    Swim: x2; 2hr 30min; 6500m
    Bike: x1 Commute; 1hr 25km; x1 Long Ride; 6hr 30min 160km
    Run: x4 Runs: 3hrs 30mins; 40km
    Gym: x1 1hr
    Total: 14hrs 30mins [6.5;185;40;1]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good week put down.

I am happy with how training is progressing. I am getting into the swing of things again, despite a few natural hiccups here and there. The most important thing for me is that I am enjoying it again, and realishing the challenging. As long as I give it my I will happy with my preformance come 19th May 2012. Hard to belive that it is only less than 6 months away now. This signals beacons in my mind alerting me about all the work to do.

Sunday's cycle took alot out of me, but I am happy I did it. In my shape it's reassuring that I can do a 160km bike ride with 2000m of climbing. It's all in the physical and mental bank more importantly.

Sometimes I think training in London can be a major disadvantage, especially in comparision to some of my mates training back home. However there is no point focusing on the negatives. I am fortunate that I get to do a bit of training with some very good triathletes, and to see how they approach training and racing. On my ride of Sunday, a guy I was out with, or should I say a friend ran a 2.48 for the marathon in a summer IM. I can see how he does it though, which is a great insight to have.

Mo.21.11.11

Monday was a rest day - As I said I was a little tired from Sunday's effort

Tu.22.11.11

AM: Gym 45mins; upper body & legs
    PM: Swim 1hr; 400 w/u 100k,100pull,100k,100pull Main: 2x[3x100 on 1.45; 4x50 on 60; 3x100 on 1.50; 4x25 IM] & 30min run home

We.23.11.11

Commute into work; 30mins; 12km
    I got offered a free ticket to go see Stewart Lee last night. All I can say is that I wish I didn't. If it wasn't a work function I probably would have given it a miss.

Missed training session as a result on Wednesday night & Thursday morning.

Feeling crap right now so I am just hoping a good nights sleep will sort me out and I can get some good training in over the weekend.

Over & Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

What sort of bike time had your friend? 2:48 is a savage time off the bike. Is he PRO?

No. Not a pro. 4.50 I think.

Not the best week for training. Been sick much of the week and has held me back unfortunately.

Th.24.11.11
    Sick :(

Fr.25.11.11
    Sick :(
    PM: 30mins; 12km on the bike home from work

Sa.26.11.11
    Decided that I was feeling good enough to train again...
    AM: 3hrs easy on the bike; 75km; I was feeling flat as pancake (in comparison to the week before!)
    PM: 1hr 15min Swim; 3km; Main: [6x50 f/s pull on 60s; 3 x 100 IM on 2.20]x3 continuous
    30min easy run home; 6km

Su.27.11.11
    I was supposed to run this morning but I just wasn't arsed. I wasn't feeling great & had a bad nights sleep and it just zapped my enthusiasm so I gave it a miss

PM: Barnet Copthall 1500 Swim Meet;
    I had set a target of sub 25.00min, which yesterday I thought I would easily achieve. I thought a swam well during the 1500m and purposely didn't look at the clock. However at the end I was disappointed to only swim 25:25:25! My Splits:

1400-1500m - 00:01:40
    1300m - 00:01:42
    1200m - 00:01:42
    1100m - 00:01:45
    1000m - 00:01:41
    900m- 00:01:43
    800m - 00:01:43
    700m - 00:01:43
    600m - 00:01:43
    500m - 00:01:43
    400m - 00:01:43
    300m - 00:01:42
    200m - 00:01:42
    100m - 00:01:41
    0m - 00:01:32

Onwards and upwards however - Hoping to focus on the running this week!

Nice swim time :) Consistent splits too. Next time perhaps try a different approach, 500 comfortable cruise, 500 strong cruise, 500 empty the tank...

Thanks man. We both need to tumble turn. I feel ashamed how long it has been on my list of things to do...

• Advertisement

Mo.29.11.11
    PM: Easy 80min run home from work; Avg HR 140

Tu.30.11.11
    Bike to/from work; 1hr; 25km
    PM: Run Intervals: 2km w/u, stretch & strides, 12 x 400 - I was trying to take it easier tonight as wasn't feeling motivated to really hurt. Mixed bag between 74-78s on a stinker of night. Tried to take the first 300m easy, then push the last 100m into the wind.

We.01.12.11
    Bike to/from work; Hill Reps after work - x6 reps of Swains Lane; 1hr 45min; 40km
    Swains Lane is a good little hill near me - about 1.0km long, with 87m accent with a max gradient of 18%. Had a good race with another cyclist so really pushed it. Only planned on 5 but ended up doing 6.

Th.02.12.11
    AM: I got up but the weather was awful so there was no way I was cycling to the gym in it.
    PM: Running Hills; 1hr; 12xreps off about a 300m hill at a gentle gradient - a good mix of hills and speedwork. Satisfied with this session as I thought of giving it a miss. I got a puncture cycling there and the rain was pelting down. It makes it all the more satisfying though when you get it done!

Going to try and get up early tomorrow and either hit the gym or run but there is a large chance that it won't happen!

At home this weekend with a friend of mine, so it will be good to be back in the Republic! Not sure if I will get any training done but will try and sneak in a couple of 30-45mins runs on Saturday & Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sommervt

Go on snack, ive been following ur thread, impressive stuff, keep going. Ive not given up yet either, was sick for a bit and had dissertation to do but im back strong again, eyes on Fingal duathlon on the 19th Feb as my first ever. I can really feel the improvements during training in comparison to when I started in September, and it feels good. - Terry :pac:

Fr.02-05.12.11

At home, no training, lots of drinking, lots of good times.

Week 49

This week turned out to be a bit sh1t training wise - I had a lot on my mind and my heart was just not in it!

Tu.06.12.11

PM: Gym 55mins/30mins run home

We.07.12.11

PM: Run home from work; 80mins easy

Th.08.12.11

AM: Gym 45mins/30mins run into work

Fr.09.12.11

PM: Swim: 1hr15mins; 3000m

Sa.10.12.11

Easy 25mins run; 55mins swim; Easy 30mins runs

Su.11.12.11

Nothing.

I will try and fill in the blanks at bit later. Right now I am too tired. Got 10 or so days before I head back home for X-Mas. Going to try and throw down some decent training before then though.

Weekly Totals:
    Swim: x2; 5500m; 2hr10mins
    Bike: x2 Commute; 50km; 2hr
    Run: x4; 38km; 3hr10mins
    Gym: x2; 1hr 40mins

Week 50 - Mo.12.12.11

Another less than ideal week for training. Again I have had a lot on my mind, and letting it get in my way. Also when I do commit to a session I am only applying myself half heartedly. Just looking forward to X-Mas at this stage and getting home. Hopefully then I will have less distractions and it will give me a chance to get some solid training done. If the weather allow at least!

Mo.12.12.11
    Bike to/from work; Hill Reps after x 6 - Totals: 1hr45min; 40km

Tu.13.12.11
    Bike to/from work; 1hr; 25km;
    PM: Hill Reps - 55min run [20&10mins hill reps working up to 170ish HR at the end of the rep], 40min gym session after

We.14.12.11
    No training

Th.15.12.11
    PM: Swim - 45mins - 1800m - Arms were heavy from the gym on Tuesday

Fr.16.12.11
    No training - X-Mas Party

Sa.17.12.11
    PM: Swim; 1hr15min; 3200m
    Run; 75mins - a decent run on my usual circa 75min loop which incorporates two decent sized hills

Su.18.12.11
    AM: Run; 75mins - My legs were tired having run the previous night and again the first thing in the morning. Probably not the wisest but I was out this afternoon and it was too icy for a bike ride

Weekly Totals:
    Swim: x2 Sessions; 2hrs; 5000m
    Bike: x3 Commute w/1 Hills Reps; 3hrs 45mins; 90km
    Run: x3 Sessions; 2x75mins 1xHills; 3hr 25mins; 40km
    Gym: x1 Session; 40mins
    Total: 9hr 50mins

It's been a while since I have logged my training & it's been a mixed bag since then.

Mo-Fr.19-23.12.11

No training at all - not sure I even commuted to work - don't remember at this stage

I brought the bike back over Christmas hoping to get some miles in - to be honest I didn't get a much done as I would have wanted and it probably wasn't really worth the effort! Lots of eating, drinking & lazyness!

Sa.24.12.11

2hrs 15mins hilly on the bike & 55min run up the mountains

Su.25.12.11

30mins easy run

Mo.26.12.11

2hrs 30mins hilly on the bike & 45mins easy run

Tu.27.12.11

Nothing

We.28.12.11

2hrs easy on bike

Th.29.12.11

2hr mountain run around Powercourt

Fr.30.12.11

Nothing

Sa.31.12.11

2hrs 30mins on the bike & 30mins easy bike

Su.01.01.12

Nothing

Week 1 2012 - 20 weeks to IMLanza...

Mo.02.01.12

Nothing

Tu.03.01.12

Nothing

We.04.01.12

Commute to/from work - 1hr; 25km
    PM: 50mins in Gym & 30mins easy run home; 6km

Th.05.01.12

PM: 1hr15mins Swim; 3200m & 30mins easy Run home; 6km

Fr.06.01.12

PM: 1hr very easy Run home; 1hr15mins Swim; 3200m

Sa.07.01.12

AM: 40mins easy Run; 8km & 1hr10mins Swim

Su.08.01.12

AM: 5hrs15mins on Bike; 140km; Surrey Hills
    PM: 40mins easy Run; 8km

Weekly Totals - 20 Weeks to IMLanza...

Swim: x3; 3hrs40mins 9000m
    Bike: x1 Commute; 1hr 25km; x1 Long Bike; 5hr15min 140km
    Run: x5 Run; 3hr30mins 40km
    Gym: x1 50mins
    Total - 14hrs 15mins for 5 days... not bad but tired Sunday night

Week 2 2012 - 19 weeks to IMLanza...

Only 19 weeks left... that's a scary thought... there is so much training left to do... just thinking about where I am and where I want to get is just plain scary... I am not sure that the goals I had in mind are achievable due to an initial lack of focus, but I am now fully in for the long ride. Fully locked and loaded and ready to go...

Mo.09.01.12

Rest Day... I thought about going out for a run but the body really needed the rest today

Tu.10.01.12

Bike to/from work; 1hr & 25km
    PM: Run Intervals: 800m w/u, 8x800m on track with 90s, 800m c/d
    I surprised myself by being able to hold even 2.40 for the 8. I didn't think I would have been able for that beforehand.

We.11.01.12

PM: Easy Run; 80mins; I did my normally 75min run route at a casual pace, my calves were still tight from Tuesday night's effort

The plan for the rest of the week is...

Th - Bike to/from work; Swim 1h15; Run 30m
    Fr - Bike to/from work; Swim 1h15
    Sa - MTB 4-5 hours; Run 45min
    Su - MTB easy 2-3hours; Run 75min

Hopefully going to start racing at more from now on... I have offically joined my athletics club so will be racing XC come the end of the month...

Let roll on...

Fupp it just deleted all my text by mistake...

Th.12.01.12

PM: Swim 1hr15mins & 3000m; Main Set 24x50m pull on 60s & 12x100m f/s on 1.50 - Felt pretty rubbish technique wise & and tired!

Fr.13.01.12

Nothing - vetoed cycling to work based on how tired I was

Sa.14.01.12

AM - MTB - 5 hours & 75km of Surrey Hills - Epic weather, company and riding... Absolutely shattered when I got hom

Photos below - cycling to Waterloo Station & Surrey Hills

Su.15.01.12

MTB - 3hrs super easy - Out with a friend of mine on her horse.

Weekly Totals - 19 Weeks to IM Lanza

Swim - x1; 1h15m; 3000m
    Bike - x3 Commute; 3hr; 75km; x2 MTB; 8hr; 110km
    Run - x1 Intervals; x1 Long Run - 2h20m; 24km
    Gym - x0
    Total - 14hr 30mins

Week 3 - 18 Weeks To IM Lanza

Mo.16.01.2012

PM: Easy 1hr 20mins run; 16km - Started to use my Garmin Forerunner 305 again, and I can see that it seems to give lower readings than my old Polar - unless I have gotten alot fitter all of a sudden, but I suspect that there is difference in the readings.

Tu.17.01.2012

PM: Run Intervals on the track. My legs were feeling tired & I was not all fully juiced. 12x400m with 71-74s reps.

I went straight swimming after as a friend of mine is over till Sunday so I might struggle to fit my training in over the next few days...

PM: Swimming - 50mins; 2000m - Still feeling like an absolute brick swimming through the water. W/U: 300m easy 16x25 as 1/2 kick, 1/2 swim in IM blocks of 4; Main: 1x200 on 3.40; 2x200 on 1.50; 3x50 on 60s; 4x25m IM order on 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey dude,

Training seems quite solid. 18 weeks :eek: you will not feel.

If the race was this weekend what do you think your splits would be? Also...
    What do you hope your splits actually are come IM Lanza?

Love those pictures, there is a thread somewhere here "places you run/train" or something you should check it out.

I used to live in London and really liked it.

• Advertisement

Love those pictures, .

+1 really like the river shot

Training looks like its going well

Advertisement