Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Eyes On IM Lanzarote...

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Thanks. Game today tomorrow. Nervous now but just want to get going now.
    Race no. is 199.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

Best of luck. Being following this log with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Best of luck with it - definitely one for the growing bucket list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Well done snack, great time.

Great result for that course, very impressed. Hope you're enjoying a few beers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Yes very impressive result. Well done. Looking forward to the report

Race report is done (eventually). I hope you enjoy the read.

Jaysus I thought I wrote long race reports :)

Hope the sunburn cleared up ok!

It's been a while since I have done any training but managed abit last week:

Week beginning - Mo.11.06.12

Monday - Bike to/from work, 1hr, 25km
    Tuesday - PM: Swim - just under 3000m in 1hr; 30mins run home
    Wednesday - Bike to/from work, 1hr, 25km + x5 Hill Reps on the way home
    Thursday - PM: Swim - 1hr15mins 3600m; Main Set: 24x100 on 1.45
    Friday - Bike to/from work, 1hr, 25km PM: Swim: 1hr, about 2500m, lots of kick and all strokes
    Saturday - Some fupper pooped in the pool & it was closed
    Sunday - 3hr 15mins easy on the MTB

Need to set some goals for myself over the second half of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Enjoyed that report, well done again. That sun burn looked sore. I still have the marks on my back from the HR strap where I was burned a year ago!! Definitely something serious to consider for us paddies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good read +1 on sunburn it looks rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Great report - would love to do it someday.

I noticed your comment re; the misbehaviour of your front wheel while breaking - had exactly the same experience in Abu Dhabi, I've a SRAM S80, with alu breaking surface, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it frightened the bejaysus out of me, in the wind.

Any suggested solution for it?

Izoard wrote: »
    Great report - would love to do it someday.

I noticed your comment re; the misbehaviour of your front wheel while breaking - had exactly the same experience in Abu Dhabi, I've a SRAM S80, with alu breaking surface, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it frightened the bejaysus out of me, in the wind.

Any suggested solution for it?

Yeah I really am not too sure. The wheel is not buckled, nor is the rim warped from braking so its not an obvious problem - I meant to replace the pads and see if that helps but descending at speed is just not safe with it when you shuddering violently as a result.

Week beginning Monday 18.06.12

Monday - Run home from work & a awful run it was - 60mins
    Tuesday - Bike to/from work
    Wednesday - Bike to/from work + x3 Hill Reps of Swains Lane
    Thursday - Nothing - Lords Cricket - Drinking
    Friday - Bike to/from work
    Saturday - 30mins run to Club running session - Main 6x [Technique + Hills + Flat + Downhill] roughly 3min/interval with 1min walk recovery, then 5min core work - 3x[as above]
    Sunday - Legs are feeling yesterday session; 5hrs on Mountain Bike - The muckiest I have ever been!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Hey, wondered if you've any tips on the logistics for lanzarote? Looks like ryanair/aerlingus dont fly there in may, and there's the question of whether to stay down near the swim start or cough up to stay at club la santa. Wondered what you opted for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I flew direct to Lanza with Ryanair from Knock. I'm assuming you're based in Dublin though???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Yep, I'm in dublin. I did find out that ryanair + aerlingus will fly there from dublin, they just dont have those flights scheduled this early yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

kingQuez wrote: »
    Yep, I'm in dublin. I did find out that ryanair + aerlingus will fly there from dublin, they just dont have those flights scheduled this early yet...

I've gone to spectate the last 3 years and ryanair + aer lingus fly there. If you're looking for close to the start/transition (club la santa is in the middle of nowhere) try El Dorado apartments or Fariones hotel if you're feeling flush, both are within 400m or so

I will give you the works... but cant write it now... will post up tomorrow or over the weekend! Dont stay in La Santa though. Awesome awesome place but you can't make the most of it tapering & YOU WILL want to!

Awesome race. Would definately do it again. Get used to riding hills & learn to the love the wind!

Been a while since I have been on boards but I am needing some motivation so here goes again...

...so I have entered WAR Glendalough in 8.5 weeks time as going to be home that weekend. I have set myself the rather ambitious goals of:
    1. Sub 4hours
    2. Top 5 finish

I have done the race once in 2011 and finished in about 4hr 11mins...

I don't think I am in the worst shape of my life but there is a lot of work to be done over the next two months, added to that I am moving cities & job in a couple of weeks time...

Unfortunately there hasn't been much training as of late as I have been sick...

Week 10:

x4 1hr commuting spins to/from work
    x1 lunchtime run - 50mins as 2x15mins @ 3:45mins/km with 2min recovery
    x1 90mins run - 19km @ 4:55min/km

Week 9:

Mo.17.02

Bike to/from work; 1hr/25km

Tu.18.02

We.19.02

• Advertisement