Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

8fNfbd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ooo that's beautiful! The kiwi is so cute :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Holy crap! Thats awesome Fewtins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thanks guys, forgot how drained and exhausted you feel after big ones, slept like like a log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Awesome tattoo. nice colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Spotted the most beautiful ginger hair dye in superdrug but it's only vegetarian. :(

Spotted the most beautiful ginger hair dye in superdrug but it's only vegetarian. :(

Have you ever used manic panic, they're all vegan afaik.

When I go to De Waaghals the food is always different but this yoke is always in the corner :D

pgJgHH0.jpg

I got a few cuddles in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Dunnes Stores now stock Tofutti cheese. I have seen the "mozzarella" block and the "cheddar-style" slices.

edit: actually this is the most on-topic post in the off-topic thread!

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Have you ever used manic panic, they're all vegan afaik.

They are but they don't do any 'normal' colours. I use naturtint normally I just thought it was a really nice colour and being superdrug own brand thought it might be vegan.

You have evolved BMJD :P
    They are but they don't do any 'normal' colours. I use naturtint normally I just thought it was a really nice colour and being superdrug own brand thought it might be vegan.

Have you ever tried the lush hennas? I mostly use the caca noir but Tars sister uses the rouge one and it comes out gorgeous on her hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

not sure where to post this - going to germany in a couple of weeks, berlin for 3 days (woo!) and leipzig for 3 days too. Any one know of any particular recommendations of vegetarian restaurants?

(I'm a bit afraid of all the wurst and schnitzel = yuck the last time I ate meat was a pork schnitzel in Vienna years ago, yuck yuck)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Feu wrote: »
    not sure where to post this - going to germany in a couple of weeks, berlin for 3 days (woo!) and leipzig for 3 days too. Any one know of any particular recommendations of vegetarian restaurants?

(I'm a bit afraid of all the wurst and schnitzel = yuck the last time I ate meat was a pork schnitzel in Vienna years ago, yuck yuck)
    Not been there!
    Check out berlin on here http://www.happycow.net/
    Even better is you can get their app on your phone and it shows you which veggie places are nearby, how far they are, a map, rating etc.

thanks Tar, i'd been on that website, but found it a bit hard to navigate, but have downloaded the app now, that should come in very handy :)

ye lucky yoke, I'd love to go there. Berlin is one of the most veggie friendly places from what I know, they have that "veganz" supermarket chain. There's even an app called "Berlin Vegan Guide". I don't know any specific places myself, I know some veggie germans though, I'll ask :)

I use the happy cow app all the time in Amsterdam, it just automatically lists places in order of distance from you, very handy!

Is it soon enough that you're heading over loveisdivine? It's gorgeous over here at the minute, boiling all last week, supposed to be the same this week.

Found some Tesco own brand vegan jellies today. I can't find the bag but it was green and they were fizzy alphabet jellies or something like that. Pretty tasty. Also spotted a brand called 'go veggie' which weren't vegan (damn beeswax!) but, as the name suggests, were vegetarian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Was in tesco the other day and surprisingly the candy king pick n mix had a lot of veggie jellies.

They have those "good stuff" veggie jellies in Albert Heijn here.

So, Feu....

"Yellow Sunshine" .....a fast food kind of place (but everything is homemade and vegan and delicious)

"Sfizy Veg" ........vegan pizza place

Hye thanks Los, i'm actually not going until July, but i am counting the days :) so excited! You're not too far from germany are you? would you think of visiting over the summer? I hope it will be nice but not too hot :) It's boiling here at the moment - sat out when i got home from work yesterday from 5.30-6 and it was roasting!

I like the sound of Veganzzzz, will check it out, we're staying just by alexanderplatz so very central. I will check out the Yellow Sunshine and Sfizy veg too, sound good!

our friend in leipzig is very fructose intolerant, while her partner is very lactose intolerant, so we'll make some group! we can all fortunately eat sushi :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My friend is just back from germany and he was eating in some vegan places. One place had a different menu in german and in english haha.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/go-vegan :pac:

Hye thanks Los, i'm actually not going until July, but i am counting the days :) so excited! You're not too far from germany are you? would you think of visiting over the summer? I hope it will be nice but not too hot :) It's boiling here at the moment - sat out when i got home from work yesterday from 5.30-6 and it was roasting!

I like the sound of Veganzzzz, will check it out, we're staying just by alexanderplatz so very central. I will check out the Yellow Sunshine and Sfizy veg too, sound good!

our friend in leipzig is very fructose intolerant, while her partner is very lactose intolerant, so we'll make some group! we can all fortunately eat sushi :)

Ye not too far from anywhere here I guess, just couldn't afford to travel at the minute, if I could I'd be more likely to visit home :P

I knew it had to be hot in Ireland, it's cooler here today, we're always swapping weather.

Got all the ingredients for moxarella so that's my project for tonight :)

• Advertisement

how was the cheeeeze?

how was the cheeeeze?

It came out kinda sticky, like it was kinda hard to handle, I had to roll it in a bit of flour just so I could form it up and cut it. I think not measuring the ingredients failed me this time :D BUT the taste was good, very mild, but so is normal mozarella I guess, and the texture was good coz it crisps on the outside and stays gooey inside. But I accidentally made very little of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Violife cheese slices are amazing, I will be eating toastie cheesie sangwitches indefinitely

That pizza cheese I got in vegabond was amazing, don't think it's a known brand or anything, can't help you guys out :P

I see there is a new forum on boards, beekeeping :o

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I love Berlin. You're going at a good time, you might get some exciting thunderstorms.

Hope this link works. Naan on Oderburger Straße We ate here twice, once in 2012 and again a few weeks ago. It's not vegetarian but has loads of vegetarian options. Pic for reference (tofu pakoras)

4266312FF6014442A50CAB729E693A1A-0000329149-0003572122-00500L-C2D0F664235E44D182DAE514577228A9.jpg

This place is just down from the Mauerpark fleamarket if you are around on a Sunday.

Other than that, you could live off falafel from kebab places the entire time for about two euro a pop. And have a Berliner Kindl with it. I didn't actually try any veggie places while there.

You should also go to Tempelhofer Freiheit, it's a public park that used to be an airport. You can rent bikes and cycle around the runways.

Thought it was interesting last night on Graham Norton that John Bishop (who's vegetarian) when talking about his pig said 'I don't own him, he came to live with us.' Thought it said a lot that he felt he had to make the distinction.

That tofu stuff looks goood!

I love Berlin. You're going at a good time, you might get some exciting thunderstorms.

Hope this link works. Naan on Oderburger Straße We ate here twice, once in 2012 and again a few weeks ago. It's not vegetarian but has loads of vegetarian options. Pic for reference (tofu pakoras)

4266312FF6014442A50CAB729E693A1A-0000329149-0003572122-00500L-C2D0F664235E44D182DAE514577228A9.jpg

This place is just down from the Mauerpark fleamarket if you are around on a Sunday.

Other than that, you could live off falafel from kebab places the entire time for about two euro a pop. And have a Berliner Kindl with it. I didn't actually try any veggie places while there.

You should also go to Tempelhofer Freiheit, it's a public park that used to be an airport. You can rent bikes and cycle around the runways.
    hey thanks for that., great advice.! definitely planning to go to Mauerpark so will try to check that out. im actually really looking forward to the kebabs, is that weird.? :)

there just seems so much to do in Berlin., its a bit daunting in a way!

Man lavera sun cream smells really awful...

• Advertisement

Man lavera sun cream smells really awful...

Do you know any good vegan suncream btw? I only checked one place so far, a vegan shop but they had no suncream at all. It's hot out there, I need suncream for this irish skin

Advertisement