Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I hate sun cream but I need it, My skin reacts to almost every sun scream I use though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Do you know any good vegan suncream btw? I only checked one place so far, a vegan shop but they had no suncream at all. It's hot out there, I need suncream for this irish skin

Lavera's the only one I've tried so far and it went cloudy as soon as I went outside so not sure how good it is. Like I said it really stinks. It's fairly thick but rubs in pretty well. They only do factors 15 and 20 which might not be great if you're not used to the sun (living in Lanzarote helped me build up a bit of resistance). Jason's are vegan and are all really high factors. They're meant to be mineral sun blocks but looking at them in the shop the ingredients looks quite chemical-y to me. Of course most standard sun creams are full of chemicals so that might not be something that bothers you. I remember someone on here recommending Badger before but I've only ever seen it for sale on American sites so don't know how available it is.

Been maning to ask, what did you think of the real techniques brushes you got not too long ago? My ELF stipple brush is on it's last legs so need something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

The Badger stuff has beeswax :/

I was just reading this which talks about diet being a natural sunscreen, I haven't examined it too closely. But this year for some reason, even though it's been quite hot, mid/high 20s and I've been outside sometimes all day every day, I haven't gotten burnt at all, just a slight tan. I like to think it's my diet, no idea though. There was a recipe for homemade sunscreen in there too, probably as good as the badger ones since they're fairly natural.

The RT brushes are really good! Have them a long time now and they're perfect, the stipple one is great, especially if you have pale-skin so you don't look clown-faced with blush :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If I'm just out and about for maybe a few hours I am mostly fine, however being out for 10 hours hiking yesterday was some difference, even the sunscream was really struggling, I could practically see it evaporating even though I put it on a few times I got burned, even the Italian was getting burned haha :D
    I'd like to find a vegan one as the one I used wasn't :| Have to get a lot better with vegan products.

Movies released in the summer 20 years ago in 1984: Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, The Karate Kid, Top Secret!, The Natural and Police Academy

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

20 years ago in 1984

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hah! This is why i shouldnt copy paste :p
    Also love that video oh yes

Shaun of the Dead came out a decade ago this year.

I feel old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I had a doughnut peach for the first time today it was class.

I have no idea what that is but it sounds good?

• Advertisement

It's just a normal peach really except a sweeter and err, doughnut shaped! They're on offer in lidl atm.

peach.jpg

I haven't had a peach in years, cept canned ones.

My friend was eating them yesterday, was like dafuq is this yoke :D

Yeah I just the whole pack whilst watching the football. I seem to be doing that a lot these days.

Hey guys, I saw that Rodrigo y Gabriela will be busking on Grafton St tomorrow/today? (Tuesday) at 1pm to raise funds for Eden Farm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

ah, just came from grafton st. might pop out again if i have time!

I saw the dutch vegan society were organising a bus trip to the vegan street day in Dortmund in August, perhaps a quick trip to Germany me thinks :D

http://www.vegan-street-day.de/

This is very important, I need to find vegan smarties online, lots of em!

dehli o'deli now with the vegan Ireland card, im might get it for the 10% off in down to earth alone tbh!

Also 15% off in umi falafel!!

http://www.vegan.ie/supporter-card/

Bit lame for blazing salads, 10% off with vegan card, 15% with vegetarian card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

+1 on the Real Techniques brushes. I've been using them a while now and I love them! I've the majority of their full collection now and I wouldn't use another brush!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

got the Umi felafel and pittas on Friday, was bleedin delish!

Indiegogo for an Esther the pig animal sanctuary, looks great :)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/esther-the-wonder-pig-farm-sanctuary

Normally if there's a fly or a spider or something annoying me, I'll just catch it easily enough, put something over it, slide a piece of paper underneath and it gets fecked outside unharmed. The last few nights there's a mosquito in my room, keep waking up with bites >.< My balcony door is open 90% of the time, it will not go out. Thinking of naming it at this stage

*vegan problems*

There was a spider stuck to some tape residue the other day and I tried to free him but his leg came off and then he died. I felt so awful. He had been there a few days actually but he was so still I had thought he was already dead and I hadn't moved him 'cause he was massive and spiders scare me. I generally leave them be out of fear.

There was a spider stuck to some tape residue the other day and I tried to free him but his leg came off and then he died. I felt so awful. He had been there a few days actually but he was so still I had thought he was already dead and I hadn't moved him 'cause he was massive and spiders scare me. I generally leave them be out of fear.

That's the worst, when you try to free them and you accidentally end them in the process, the guilt!

Those teeny fruit flies are quite a problem here when it's warm too, prevention is better than cure though with those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Made seitan tonight. It was awful, really bouncy and rubbery :(

Aw a pity, will have to be worked on, im gonna try my first one soon.

Made seitan tonight. It was awful, really bouncy and rubbery :(

oh no :/ How did ye make it, I never tried it.

Tar your avatar! How did you do that??

Full vid of Rodrigo Y Gabriela busking on Grafton St for Eden Farm.....

Oh oscarbravo made it for me, he's making lots for world pride etc. :)
    One day ill learn da photoshops

They are so awesome, new vegan heroes.

• Advertisement

Oh oscarbravo made it for me, he's making lots for world pride etc. :)
    One day ill learn da photoshops

They are so awesome, new vegan heroes.

ye I saw that afterwards! also saw you asking what's the pride thing, you eejit :P

I never knew they were vegan, I wish they said a bit more about what they were doing though, they didn't exactly articulate it the best did they! They also accidentally revealed the location of the farm.

Advertisement