Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Gonna try my hand at some croissants today using soy butter. They won't be ready to bake and eat till tomorrow but fingers crossed all the effort will pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Oh good luck! They seem like a lot of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

3% wool. Why does my perfect winter coat have to be 3% wool?! 90% wool would bother me less because I'd just go 'Yuck' and leave it but 3%...it's so tiny but it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Gonna try my hand at some croissants today using soy butter. They won't be ready to bake and eat till tomorrow but fingers crossed all the effort will pay off.

Let me know how that goes, those canned type croissants they sell here aren't vegan, I miss those!
    3% wool. Why does my perfect winter coat have to be 3% wool?! 90% wool would bother me less because I'd just go 'Yuck' and leave it but 3%...it's so tiny but it's still there.

This is so annoying, why do they bother to put any wool in if it's such a small percentage, just to make it sound better? idk

I feel better afterwards leaving the thing there

Another thing is leather tags on things, everything is fine except then they decide to make the zipper thing or some small trimming out of leather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

--LOS-- wrote: »
    This is so annoying, why do they bother to put any wool in if it's such a small percentage, just to make it sound better? idk

I feel better afterwards leaving the thing there

Another thing is leather tags on things, everything is fine except then they decide to make the zipper thing or some small trimming out of leather

I know! I think so they can call it a wool blend or something? Thing is you can get really nice synthetics so no need for wool. I got a lovely knitted jumper from boohoo recently and it is SO soft and warm. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I was actually looking at gloves and stuff in m&s today, the ones with leather-type bits only had "100% acrylic (excluding trimmings)" on the tag so there was no way of telling if it was real leather or PU .

BMJD wrote: »
    I was actually looking at gloves and stuff in m&s today, the ones with leather-type bits only had "100% acrylic (excluding trimmings)" on the tag so there was no way of telling if it was real leather or PU .

I got into the habit of just using cycling gloves for the winter, bike or not, waterproof and really warm and not bulky, easy enough to find non-leather

Anyone watching the walking dead? :)

What does a vegan zombie eat?

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains! :pac:

saving it for the weekend

ahhh how are you so patient, I've already watched it twice and talking dead

anyway no spoilers, it's a good one though!

I haven't time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I'm just about to watch the start of the new season, I hope its better than season 4 which kinda grinded to a halt for me.

About the winter gloves, I have been using these for years (they last for years) and they are great, don't be put off by the name :D

http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/gloves?skip_welcome_popup

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep it was a great episode, one of the best. Built it up too much now :D

When i get new bike gloves I'll try to get non bright red ones so I can pass them off during normal day use

BMJD wrote: »
    I haven't time!

but but when will you fit in the xfactor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Was having a read of the 'Abuse of Livestock at Marts' thread over on F&F, funny hearing the farmers champion for 'animal welfare'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Was having a read of the 'Abuse of Livestock at Marts' thread over on F&F, funny hearing the farmers champion for 'animal welfare'.

Its grimm reading for sure :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will is so nice, I ordered boots from them, forgot about it, then noticed after 3 weeks my order still said processing, got in touch just to ask was it shipped, they apologised and offered me anything else from the site, I said it's ok I'll the check the PO first in case I missed them, but they then realised my order had not been shipped and was out of stock and refunded me half the money and still offered another pair of shoes, I feel like I'm robbing them now :o

if only stamps had any practical use

Saw those in the paper on the luas yesterday! So cool. I probably send about 2 letters a year though.

This is just_like_heaven btw guys I decided to make a new account after deciding not to mod anymore. So, hi again o/

First exam of the year on Tuesday lots of work to do tomorrow and Monday :o

Saw those in the paper on the luas yesterday! So cool. I probably send about 2 letters a year though.

This is just_like_heaven btw guys I decided to make a new account after deciding not to mod anymore. So, hi again o/

First exam of the year on Tuesday lots of work to do tomorrow and Monday :o

fruity tattoo person?

Best of luck, I am back to that stuff soon.

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    fruity tattoo person?

Best of luck, I am back to that stuff soon.

It's me :cool: Back with even more fruit.

It should be fine, it's quick and not that important in terms of contributing towards the end of year result, just it's an oral exam so the format is scary :p

Aw no, pretty much gone now due to us, like hundreds/thousands of species every year :mad:
    Welcome back fruity. New shiny nekkid name!

On this weeks crappy engineering, my phones charging USB port breaks, so I make my own charger.

wFvRoLg.jpg

It's me :cool: Back with even more fruit.

It should be fine, it's quick and not that important in terms of contributing towards the end of year result, just it's an oral exam so the format is scary :p

haha now with added fruit :D

Are you guys getting all that stormy weather today as well, not many bikes about today, definitely a hat day, was 23degrees last Saturday though out of nowhere.

What are you going to do with your phone though Tar, wireless charger?

I thought the wireless charger was a great idea so went and found one today, spent ages trying to get it to work....I have since found out the European version of my phone doesn't have that feature :o Back to my wires. At least my cable got to the top of **** engineering on reddit :D I got that goin' for me....which is nice.
    I'm going to get a charging dock and try that out but that's a week more of my ghetto dock, and the phone can't even make calls! Must try new software later.

Worst hurricaine ever btw. Pff Irish people and their weather warnings.

My new usb cable is trés cute, I call it owly.

p0BmRXW.jpg?1

Anybody doing anything for halloweeeen?

Yeah weather was terrible in Dublin yesterday, so cold as well!

My exam went well, wish it counted for more of the end of year result now...

Welcome back fruity. New shiny nekkid name!

Thanks Tar :D Seeing boards with all the ads has taken some getting used to though I must admit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

That cable looks awesome.

I thought the wireless charger was a great idea so went and found one today, spent ages trying to get it to work....I have since found out the European version of my phone doesn't have that feature :o Back to my wires. At least my cable got to the top of **** engineering on reddit :D I got that goin' for me....which is nice.
    I'm going to get a charging dock and try that out but that's a week more of my ghetto dock, and the phone can't even make calls! Must try new software later.

Worst hurricaine ever btw. Pff Irish people and their weather warnings.

My new usb cable is trés cute, I call it owly.

p0BmRXW.jpg?1

Anybody doing anything for halloweeeen?

but the charging dock would have the same connection as the wire so why would that work if that connection's broken on your phone? Or am I not getting it :o

Dunno about halloween, it's not so big here but there is a parade on the saturday night that follows a route around the city and ends in a party. are you dressing up ? :D

Yeah weather was terrible in Dublin yesterday, so cold as well!

My exam went well, wish it counted for more of the end of year result now...

The city guys were out with the leafblowers the day before here, do they not check the weather forecast!

yay, least you probably now have more confidence with that kind of format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

89VQAg.png

Posted in YLYL, I totally didn't lose, This got me right in the feels.

• Advertisement

I don't get that being posted in ylyl :confused:

Took a spin in the Amsterdamse Bos today, it's only 10 mins from me now, it's massive forest, there's 50km of cycle tracks but I had no net on my phone so I had to try and find my way out of it before I got lost. So jealous of the people with dogs there :D

Advertisement