Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I'm totally going to this on Friday, raging i missed it last week, gonna eat all the raw vegan cakes. NOM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Husband and I are thinking of going this Friday too :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Unofficial boards meetup staring at everybody :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Book a flight LOS!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

I am busy the next 3 fridays :( but will be eager to hear first hand reports!

• Advertisement

We are booked in for tomorrow, can't wait! Will report back :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

To let you know, I asked and they have no vegan wine in stock, there might be some in by tomorrow so you have to ask.

Lame friends backed out so it's off for me, be sure to let me know how delicious it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yep I'm going to arrange this one of the weeks, been too long since a boards veggie meetup.

:eek::eek::eek:

If it's at any point after the 15th I'd definitely be up for that, haven't been to one in ages.

Yeah will be after that otherwise me and you wouldn't be there. :P

I'll make a thread at some point soon for dates, we could have dinner and drinks, all civilized like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah will be after that otherwise me and you wouldn't be there. :P

I'll make a thread at some point soon for dates, we could have dinner and drinks, all civilized like

Haha, yeah whatever. we'll see about that buddy.

One bottle of Russian Standard please.

This site is good for fur discounts, I suggest you buy a coat people
    http://furdiscounts.com/en/
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Fridays menu for sova food /drool
    Thanks for this .happen to be in Dublin so went last night great spot. JuSt a shame I'm not drinking at the moment

Hope you enjoyed the food, ragin I couldn't go :)

I went and the food was amazing. I had a vegan Irish breakfast! the guy in charge was really nice too and explained some of the dishes. i'll definitely be a regular here.

We loved it too. All the courses were really delicious and such good value. We got a free taster of the smalec and it was really interesting and tasty.

We've already decided to go again next week.

I really wanted to try those enoki mushrooms so I went and bought some this morning :o

also couldnt find nut burgers so I bought a kg of cashews, I won't be bested world :p

Hate changing address to vote, they make you bring in the form instead of just doing it online :mad:

Also ye have to do it before 25th of november!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

That is definitely a first world problem.

• Advertisement

It was my birthday on Saturday I made myself a cake how sad.

You can all have some it's vegan.

omg.wthax.org/8pJhkW.jpg

Oh ye happy birthday!

That looks lovely. Over here you're actually expected to bring in your own cake to the workplace on your birthday, weird!

I spent the last couple of hours looking at recipes and writing down breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas, so hungry now lol

Thank you I'm 21 srs bsns now will pop down to the bank in the morning to get a pension and a mortgage to go with my receding hairline.

How does Winter in Amsterdam compare to Dublin so far?

Cake looks awesome, where is the mods cut of all vegan goods? :mad:

Random video time, affect of wolves reintroduction to yellowstone park
    Wonder what we will see happening with extinction of certain species (Upper estimates are we cause between 10,000 and 100,000 species to become extinct each year.). Often hear about bees becoming extinct and so on. Ridiculous :(

Thank you I'm 21 srs bsns now will pop down to the bank in the morning to get a pension and a mortgage to go with my receding hairline.

How does Winter in Amsterdam compare to Dublin so far?

omg its time to start insuring everything as well :P

One of my most expensive possessions is a textbook now, jaysis that's depressing.

It's not really cold here yet, I've only broken out my gloves an odd time. So many people in the building freaking out if the heating stops working any length at all but I've barely used it and have the windows open all the time. There's lights up but that stuff won't really kick off later in the run up to Sinterklaas on Dec 5th. That would be one of their biggest days of the year, that's really their Christmas day, that's when the kids get gifts. It seems less commercial anyway, considering it's only 3 weeks now till their main day and it's not crazy everywhere. There's lots of dutch food that's associated with sinterklaas and that time of the year, same as at home, just it would be different stuff. It'll be nice later on when all the markets get all christmassy.

Does anyone else ever try and ask for nutritional yeast and no one knows what you're on about. Tried a few times now recently and they all ask if I want the tablets, then I explain no, nutritional yeast, the flakes, it's for cooking.......then they usually say they have normal yeast lol. Surprised how clueless the health shops are.

Gonna head to the Soya butchers again this week, same place. He hasn't put up the menu yet but I expect it to be delish.

Ye gonna go again after my Christmas exams.

Just booked a table for Friday as well. Last week was so delicious.

I'll ahve to pop in again another week too, will make us a meetup to all go together

This is amazing, master of puppets played by 4 floppy drives :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Better drumming than Lars too

Advertisement