Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

10679_10205674257162442_3992665760198821567_n.jpg?oh=58ae5e24ccd6fd1fd1343309a0a005ad&oe=55196159

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Damn you got here first! Nice that everything is vegan on there, the Bushido code is a now veganised!

Here have more music made by old machines, tainted love!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great look at the probe trajectory over the last 10 years (you can pan, zoom, rotate) http://sci.esa.int/where_is_rosetta/

and also the live xkcd landing is excellent http://xkcd1446.org/#142

It was updating the comic as the action happened, 142 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭LETS GET NAKED

Yeah I was following, loved the photos they released a couple weeks ago when it got close. Insane to think it set off so many years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Great look at the probe trajectory over the last 10 years (you can pan, zoom, rotate) http://sci.esa.int/where_is_rosetta/

and also the live xkcd landing is excellent http://xkcd1446.org/#142

It was updating the comic as the action happened, 142 pages.

This was good craic too while it was happening:

http://moonlander.seb.ly

veg butcher was packed last night! hopefully this keeps up and he can open his own place :)

Great, it deserves it. Kinda place ye ha email to go back to, prices would need to go up a good bit, it's crazy good value at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Gyro's kebab was amazing. Left feeling wonderfully stuffed :)

Birdflu is around again. Thousands of ducks are to be culled. :(
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30076961

• Advertisement

150,000 at a single farm in the Netherlands, so sad.

so who is going on friday? :D i need to make veg*n buddies to go, so I shall make a thread later today about a boards meetup at one of these:
    It's my brothers birthdya on friday, interesting...

MmqkmuC.jpg?1

If you're going i recommend booking a table, it was bananas last week. people queuing for tables etc.

Cool if I am, I shall do so!

I'd love to try this (the roasted beet and cream cheese thing):

ql8FvjT.jpg?1

We plan on going (twill be our 3rd week in a row!) Will book a table in a bit. Cant wait for another Gyro's kebab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I hate you all :P

I made tomato soup again but completely forget to blanch them to take off the skins, its rotten :( The whole time I had the feeling something was wrong too >.<

Booked in for sova now, cant wait, no idea what to pick for main, exciting!

tesco gave me very useful vouchers last night.... thanks guys

ewyvlxQ.jpg?1

For your dessert, a pina coloda smoothie and a rum

Tesco are paying you for tracking your every move! Beware! !

So is it ok and vegan friendly to kick another dog, several times, if he is attacking your dog? Cuz I just kicked the fook out of 2 boxers who went for me and my buddy dog on our walk tonight. What can you do? He would've been savaged if i didn't jump in. I'd take a bullet for my little buddy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

--LOS-- wrote: »
    For your dessert, a pina coloda smoothie and a rum

Had frozen pina colada in Viña Mara last week, tropical sorbet, pineapple granite (what the difference between sorbet and granite I couldn't tell you) all drizzled in Mali bu. So good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

BMJD wrote: »
    So is it ok and vegan friendly to kick another dog, several times, if he is attacking your dog? Cuz I just kicked the fook out of 2 boxers who went for me and my buddy dog on our walk tonight. What can you do? He would've been savaged if i didn't jump in. I'd take a bullet for my little buddy :)

Attack the owner (as in verbal), they're normally the dumber of the animals in that scenario.

If your dog is in danger protect it, as henry says it is all the owners fault, sad reality that the dogs are held responsible by people.

On a lighter note, where does a vegan go to get a job?
    The tempehgency.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Sova last night. I've been sick for the last 24 hours :( Husband made a nice quinoa chilli though which helped. Tonight should be szechuan tofu and potstickers.

On a lighter note, where does a vegan go to get a job?
    The tempehgency.

I already reddit :p

Thats funny cos i thought I saw you guys there! ggh---ooossst.

I went along and that gyro kebab is amazing. Was a great meal, put a good impression of vegan food to my meater friends.

Number of vegetarian restaurants per one million inhabitants in europe, apparently Ireland is best. i'd like to see the source of that data!
    EDIT: ah I see the numbers come from happy cow.net which lists health stores, I was wondering where the hundred vegetarian restaurants i didn't know about were :D
    UapeO65.jpg

Any map like that has no purpose really, especially as in some countries you could get a vegetarian dish in most restaurants, and in some countries you won't get any option in most restaurants...but it might have the same amount of wholly vegetarian restaurants in each.

On a slightly happier note, I do see quite a rise of people being veg*n in general, does anybody else notice/think this?

veganism/vegetarianism is definitely on the rise

BMJD wrote: »

I imagine you did what you had to do, you were there, I wasn't so it's hard to say. I've ran shouting like a crazy person at many cats and dogs all right when they're attacking eachother :P They usually run away. But obviously if a dog is not reacting to that, and you said there were 2 of them so they were probably more brave, more aggressive, what can ye do, I'm definitely not gona stand there and let my dog or cat be savaged. Not so long ago, my uncles dog killed their other dog when no one was home so it is a very real threat. I saw it coming for a long time and I'm just expecting to hear worse all the time. They have those teddy bear looking japanese dogs (?), my little cousins can no longer call in there anymore. The folks cat at home gets an awful time from the neighbouring cats because they're not looked after, half-starved and I think they would eat poor Josie given a chance. My mother was threatening to trap the cat next door and poison it, I had to convince her not to, I would not do that. It just comes down to people not taking responsibility for their animals, you can't blame the animal but I could hardly consider it "unvegan" to react in self-defence but I wouldn't take enjoyment out of it and I wouldn't be mad at the animal, more at the owner, I might have to remind myself of that all right.

Had frozen pina colada in Viña Mara last week, tropical sorbet, pineapple granite (what the difference between sorbet and granite I couldn't tell you) all drizzled in Mali bu. So good!

I had to google Vina Mara, I thought it was somewhere exotic :pac:

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Sova last night. I've been sick for the last 24 hours :( Husband made a nice quinoa chilli though which helped. Tonight should be szechuan tofu and potstickers.

also had to google potstickers, I'm feeling very not with it :P

Those look gooood

• Advertisement

Came across this today..... https://www.veganisme.org/crowdfunding/product/ns-abri-campagne/, a Christmas poster campaign crowdfunded by the Dutch vegan society, these posters will be up at train stations across the country in the run-up to Christmas. On the left it says "Christmas spirit" and on the right... "Christmas dinner?", then underneath..... "peace begins on your plate. go vegan" and below that.... " for animals, for people, for the planet, for your health" and it links to http://veganchallenge.nl/kerstmenu/ with a whole alternative dutch vegan Christmas menu! I thought it was really good. I was wondering about the bunny, apparently here they eat all sorts of game for christmas and small game like rabbits and hare is popular. I find that even very strange because there's wild rabbits everywhere here so they are seeing them all the time and don't mind eating them. Usually meat-eaters at home, my family anyway are all very uncomfortable about eating rabbits. Some kind of campaign like this in Ireland would be good, would you give money to something like that?

Advertisement