Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Yeah. From the packaging they look like fish fingers with mushed up veg in some sort of breadcrumbs.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what they were. I thought they were quite tasty compared to standard veggie burgers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You get a cute, dinky little card when you buy chillies in Lidl.

99cent for a small punnet. I've been adding them to smoothies, mostly beetroot and carrot. I barely notice them.

lidlchillies.jpg

Your selection in the punnet is random, I notice you have to search through the punnets for Rawit and Serenade, they seem to crop up less often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Habaneros are absolute bastards if you wear contacts, or rub your eyes within like 48 hours of using them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

BMJD, strangely, it's the Cayenne chillies that I have problems with, I find it a very chemical, acrid, sort of heat, whereas the others seem to be okay.

The Rawit (seeds removed) are great on roughly sliced and diced, oven cooked sweet potato..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Was thinking of getting the Moodley Manor Christmas Roast but to be honest the price is a bit off-putting. €24!

My husband likes their stuff but I'm not that keen I find the bacon too sweet and the burgers seemed really heavy/dense and rubbery to me :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they are really dear aren't they. I still couldn't resist and bought two :o, want to have something damn nice for xmas dinner, also my sister is pescetarian, and one of my brothers want's to eat less meat - maybe a future vegan heh, so I can facilitate them. I just couldn't say no to that sausage stuffing in it! Was an easier choice for me as I love their stuff, plus they have gone out of their way to help me out and so on. Still, ouch!

Since you don't like their stuff, usually I'd just get one of the roasts from down to earth, think they are around €8. Think they are 390g, the moodley yoke is 850g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

At first it looks expensive but it is pretty big, I don't think the photo does it justice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah 850g is pretty big.

these recipes look great oh yes
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/christmas/collection/vegan/

yeah 850g is pretty big.

these recipes look great oh yes
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/christmas/collection/vegan/

Omg so much tasty looking ideas there.

People horsing sweets and chocolate into them around work, I should bring in my own chocolate..

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    , I should bring in my own whiskey..

GOOD PLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Not sure if it was just a trial thing, but Tesco have a couple of vegan candy options. Their sour strips and strawberry laces are marked 'suitable for vegans".

They've started marking a lot of their things as vegan now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Not sure if it was just a trial thing, but Tesco have a couple of vegan candy options. Their sour strips and strawberry laces are marked 'suitable for vegans".

I came here just to post the same thing - their jelly beans too. I bought quite a few yesterday, the sour cola strips are to die for. My mouth waters just thinking about them. :)

aldi now have a vegan page and a listing of all their vegan products
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/special-diets-and-intolerance/choosing-a-vegan-diet/

Found some decent vegan New Balance runners in JD sports.
    Happy with that, usually just settle for converse but needed something a bit more sporty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Found some decent vegan New Balance runners in JD sports.
    Happy with that, usually just settle for converse but needed something a bit more sporty...
    I think all NB runners are vegan, as are Brooks (my preferred road shredders - well joggers at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ryan89

Hi, Ive recently moved to Cork and loving everything about it. Only thing i can't seem to find are those Vegan Larry&Lenny's protein cookies. Can any1 help me out. Serious cravings going on :/

I think all NB runners are vegan, as are Brooks (my preferred road shredders - well joggers at least :)

Not all are, some have suede. I think most are accidentally vegan though.

How's everyone doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

I'm only new to Vegan lifestyle. So I'm doing great!! Haven't felt this energetic in years. My mind and soul feel light (not through a lack of nourishment) Pitty a few of my mates feel the need to belittle my efforts. But I remember I used to do the same so I cant complain that much LOL Have a great day everyone!

How's everyone doing?

tis very quiet in here lately

BMJD wrote: »
    tis very quiet in here lately

sure is. Everyones too busy eating vegan qourn?

And now munching vegan ben and jerrys! http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/non-dairy

Haven't seen vegan quorn anywhere

Haven't seen vegan quorn anywhere

It's in a lot of the Dunnes stores, not seen it in any other chains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Just back from a few days in NYC - Vegan paradise: diners, restaurants, michelin starred restaurants, pizzas, doughnuts, shops (got some egg-replacer, the Mrs. got some shoes), takeaways - sheer bliss :) Have a look at Champs Diner, The Cinnamon Snail, Avant Garden, Moo Shoes, Dun Well Donuts, Blossom Du Jour and Dr. Cow - can't wait to go back (although need to earn a wad of money before that happens again!)

That sounds amazing would love a more detailed write up! Good holiday! I'm off to Orlando tomorrow, won't be quite as glamorous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

JC's supermarket in Swords have loads of vegan stuff these days. A good range of the Fry's frozen bits and much cheaper than the health stores too. They also sell the infamous Vego Bars!

• Advertisement

Finally got that praline crunch almond dream ice cream today. God damn.

Advertisement