Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT) Part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where. Where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Where. Where

Found it in SuperValu in swords

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

vegan walnut whips made by LOS, today is a good day

12919630_10154096005184861_4457630738881617827_n.jpg?oh=e725cedcdf1ef2c61615ef93cdb40893&oe=57861C76&__gda__=1467722792_de7fb7c41692d84221f1497d94c59127

Made a vegan banoffee the other day, was pretty hard not to eat the entire thing in one go.

Might try a banana bread this week or some sort of carrot cake.
    gonna try the happy pear one, might tweak it a bit though.

https://thehappypear.ie/banana-bread/

Sounds tasteee. I made banana walnut bread recently, it was class and easy to do:

1IiZRkm.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

looks gorgeous! do you have a recipe Tar?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

thanks tar will try this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Watched "Do you know what you are eating" on RTE last night - thinnly veiled infomercial for the Dairy industry - there was even a nutritionist advising those with lactose intolerance to drink more milk to overcome their intolerance. Equally as laughable was the suggestion that plant milks are increasing in popularity because of lactose intolerance. There was a poke at 'dairy spreads' suggesting that the large number of ingredients made them inferior to good old butter. Remarkably one sided and obtuse program - well done again RTE. (I should say in the interests of fairness, they did briefly mention that dairy farm pollution in New Zealand was a bit of a problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

Made my first vegetarian sandwich. I just raided the fridge and filled it with all sorts of veg. I'm new to this craic.

• Advertisement

Welcome!

Be sure to check out the sticky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442378

Welcome!

Hi everyone :) would anyone be able to determine wether hellmans burger sauce is suitable for vegetarians or not? Is doesn't say on the bottle but here's the ingredient list:

Water, Rapeseed Oil (20%), Mustard (6%) (Water, Mustard Seeds, Spirit Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Flavourings), Gherkins (4.8%) (Gherkins, Water, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Acid (Acetic Acid), Spirit Vinegar), Sugar, Herb Vinegar (Spirit Vinegar, Herb Extracts), Tomato Paste, Modified Maize Starch, Free-Range Egg Yolk, Salt, Onions (1.6%),, Red Chilli Pepper (0.5%), Acid (Acetic Acid), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Spirit Vinegar, Dill, Paprika Extract, Colour (Carotene), Antioxidant (Calcium Disodium EDTA), Flavourings

Any idea? :) thank you :)

Looks vegetarian yep.

Made macaroons the other day.
    I can see how it is extremely easy to be a fat vegan when cakes are around.

http://minimalistbaker.com/5-ingredient-dark-chocolate-macaroons/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

JC's in Swords continue to stock a great range of vegan products. All at cheaper prices that I've seen elsewhere. I know I keep banging on about them, but I don't work then honest! just want them to get lots of vegan business :)

Was over there today and one of the wines they had on offer was clearly marked as vegan on the promotional stand which was cool, no faffing about reading the backs of all the bottles to find a suitable one.

Finally found somewhere on the Island of Ireland selling liquid smoke - Tescos at the Outlet Retail Park near Banbridge - smoky seitan and tofu coming up!

Toasted bagels with violife cream cheese and nutritional yeast is literally one of my favourite things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Had a few days in cork . Eaten in iyer, quay coop, and cafe paradise. I would be so poor if I lived in cork!

Fantastic meals and choice in all

Just need somewhere tomorrow before the theatre sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I was so disappointed with Nobo Salted Caramel (as much as someone can be disappointed by non-dairy ice cream :roll eyes:). It had a really weird aftertaste to me and I couldn't even finish it. I'd heard such good things about it!

So far in my vegan ice cream taste tests Swedish Glace is miles ahead of anything else - especially the raspberry one, oh my jesus so good.

• Advertisement

My sister didn't like it either, it's the best vegan icecream there is to me! Almond dream have a salted caramel if you can find that somewhere.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hey all.

Pretty quiet in here. ☺️

Hi! How are you!

I do most my vegan stuff via facebook groups these days, seems to be the major trend. It's much busier, meeting up with 30+ vegans today at two different meetups and another with 20+ tomorrow.

Hi! How are you!

I do most my vegan stuff via facebook groups these days, seems to be the major trend. It's much busier, meeting up with 30+ vegans today at two different meetups and another with 20+ tomorrow.

I'm only in a couple of local vegan Facebook groups and haven't been to any metopes yet. Are there any more active groups that you'd recommend?!

That depends! Are you in Dublin as that's all I know about personally.
    The main ones here are Dublin vegans, Dublin vegans nights out, bad vegans, Products Suitable for Vegans (Ireland)

The nights out one is very active, from food, drinks, bouldering, tea, whatever people suggest. I want to do bowling and laser tag next haha.

Here is some stuff from this month:

16002856_10202847155097965_5500266849743905197_n.jpg?oh=1831c32dfe91fa55ec61c8871ba71f73&oe=59144B00

Not in Dublin unfortunately but I will check them out - thank you!

I'm in Dublin vegans. Was in others by there was a lot of bickering

Lot's of bickering in there, hence bad vegans was made haha.

Nice to have so many vegans though

• Advertisement

Ah crap - I don't want to join ZuckerbergWorld

Advertisement