Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Nursing

Options
  • 17-10-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey guys

So I really want to get into a nursing course. Has anyone sat the test to get into Mature Student Nursing? I am 24 and only have 390 leaving cert points so I wouldn't have enough to do General nursing through the points route. I was thinking about sitting the test but is it extremely difficult to get through as there are so little places for Mature Students? Has anyone any experience? Would I just be better off applying straight with my points for Psych nursing?

Cheers for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Hiya,

I think Psych nursing will be really different from General...if you would be happy to do either I think you can put Leaving Cert and mature codes down on your CAO form.

I'm hoping to do Midwifery next September but I know a few people who did the mature student aptitude test. It was pretty tough. They all recommended lots of practice, especially for the maths section. If you go to rollercoaster.ie there's a great thread every year about mature entry to nursing and midwifery.

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumThread/141234081/Default.aspx

Best of luck.

Advertisement