Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National SF4 5v5

Options
  • 17-10-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I reckon we're getting enough tournaments popping up around the country to justify something like this.
    Each county/tournament/city/whatever sends 5 of their best for a 5v5 Super Street Fighter 4 tourney. We could either just nominate players from our areas to represent us or run a qualifying event to make our teams.

Belfast, Limerick, Galway, Cork, Dublin, Waterford.

Winners gets a trophy they can keep until the next National.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Interesting.

I'd say the main Tournament Organisers for the respective regions get to pick the teams (whether they pick themselves is up to them, they've earned that much haha).

So like:
    Limerick - Sabre
    Cork - Sairus
    Galway - Deathrider
    Waterford - ???

It's a little harder to call in Dublin/Belfast, because there's more than one organiser afaik.

Couple of questions:

Where would this take place?
    Who supplies the trophy initially?
    How often?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Couple of questions:

Where would this take place?
    Who supplies the trophy initially?
    How often?

Logistically, all bus routes end up in Dublin and it's roughly between all the other locations, so it's the natural choice for this sort of thing.
    I would not wish the Cork -> Belfast trip upon anyone.

Trophy could be done from donations if needs be. €1 from even just the 30 in the tournament would get a half decent trophy. €1 from everyone on this forum...

I would put them either every 2 months or 4 months. Something not as regular as the monthlies we currently have so they have more oomf. Maybe even run it instead of the 2v2 at every second DoC, or just have it at DoC as an extra event every second session or something.

Just to clarify: this is not me announcing running one of these. I'd like some discussion as to what y'all think should go down first! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like this idea as a once a year thing.

Crown that years champions and then do it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

dont play sf but that sounds like a tasty idea

also maybe think about having bb,(u)mvc3,mk9 with the same 5v5 set up,
    with the sf being the "main event" if u will

also maybe think about having bb,(u)mvc3,mk9 with the same 5v5 set up,
    with the sf being the "main event" if u will

Don't think you could get enough players of those games outside of Dublin/Belfast to make a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Don't think you could get enough players of those games outside of Dublin/Belfast to make a team.

I think there is just about enough for a Marvel Team in Cork getting the lot to Dublin on the same day is a different story. All for this would make the trip whether playing or not as long as there is something to keep me entertained and a few beers afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Team Fergus/Chunkis repping Dundalk yo

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Could be done by splitting via Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Connaught as the teams either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    Could be done by splitting via Leinster, Ulster, Munster and Connaught as the teams either.

Four Nations SF. I like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I like the idea of 5v5 yearly tourney. Would you impose limits on the amount of teams from each province entering....? I know there would probably be interest for more than one team from Leinster.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »

I'm officially applying to team Munster then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think there's a chance I might absolutely love this idea!
    As mentioned above, if this was a yearly thing (or even every six months), I reckon it could be great. It would probably be a fair amount of hassle trying to get a team to attend more often than that. As opposed to having each representing their county/ or province though, simply have them represent their local tournament instead. Few lads representing Inferno, few more represent Tempest, few boys presenting Rupture, and so on.

I've always though a big old All Ireland deal would be great craic. I'll even bring a hurley along with me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I think a great time to have it would be december,it'll be a great tournament to sign off the year

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Depending on the timing, it could also be a great way to give one last middle finger to AE or welcome in 2012 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What about having Dublin on it's own and the 4 provinces? A lot of our players are from Dublin so just divide the players out a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I guess the real question is- Will the players have cheesy jerseys to show which team they are on? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

deathrider wrote: »
    I guess the real question is- Will the players have cheesy jerseys to show which team they are on? :pac:

it has to be a hell year on that idea.

what better way to show off the teams representing each area with jersey's, logo's or team names.

just an idea :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Where do me and Azza fit in? =[

Edit : NVM, Team Leinster obv.

derp

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Fergus_ wrote: »
    What about having Dublin on it's own and the 4 provinces? A lot of our players are from Dublin so just divide the players out a bit more

This is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can I be on the "Foreign" team? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Does that make me Dublin or Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Would have to be Dublin, leinster, Ulster, Munster/Connaught.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

How about having "Team Dublin" versus "Team not Dublin" ? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I like the idea of teams from each of the provinces. BTW, I have no right to be captaining any Limerick side...that'd be Mr. Sabre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    I think a great time to have it would be december,it'll be a great tournament to sign off the year

In Dublin in December along with a very big regular 1v1 tournament in the biggest venue evarrrrrr! yaaaaaah!

That would be sweet though, like a 12 hour long job or even a 2 day thing for the big year ending tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

raah! wrote: »
    In Dublin in December along with a very big regular 1v1 tournament in the biggest venue evarrrrrr! yaaaaaah!

That would be sweet though, like a 12 hour long job or even a 2 day thing for the big year ending tournament.

IMO running a tournament dependant on people being able to travel to Dublin from every corner of the country in December given the way things have gone in the last two years is more than a little dodgy. Saying that, in theory I love the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Team Expat

Me, Farz and Kiki (cause he's a spacer)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

deathrider wrote: »
    This, except the north gets balaclavas.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ramza wrote:
    Where do me and Azza fit in? =[

Edit : NVM, Team Leinster obv.

derp

You are on team no show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

FU

Advertisement