Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National SF4 5v5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ramza wrote: »
    FU
    ns4Mtl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i love this idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Team Expat

Me, Farz and Kiki (cause he's a spacer)

Add me to that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

i may be jumping ahead here but.... do we know who will be the top 5 in each participating areas.

this way we can get an idea on who will and will not participate and if the players want to be listed on a top 5 nation wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you want to do full round robins between all the teams that's 31.25 hours of gameplay assuming a SF4 match takes 3 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Shokashi wrote: »
    i may be jumping ahead here but.... do we know who will be the top 5 in each participating areas.

this way we can get an idea on who will and will not participate and if the players want to be listed on a top 5 nation wide.
    Once a format for the event would be decided it wouldn't be too hard to assign top fives - maybe a little harder in Dublin, what with the larger player pool. Realistically every area knows who their top fives are, even if they're too polite to go shouting about it. Hell, that's pretty much what the Seed Lists from the various events are for.

If one of those five doesn't want to to go, then someone else can be picked.

Making team of five isn't remotely the difficult part here.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    If you want to do full round robins between all the teams that's 31.25 hours of gameplay assuming a SF4 match takes 3 minutes.
    That's only assuming every game takes the maximum amount of time.
    Munster will OCV every other province, so it'll go nice and quick.

I said "full round robins" meaning you play out all the games, not just first to 13.

edit: And 3 minutes isn't the maximum time for an SF4 game, I took it as an average.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

animaX wrote: »
    Add me to that :cool:

:O Beast Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Can any team of 5 enter? or is it restricted to only one team per area?

Points for most creative team name!

I said "full round robins" meaning you play out all the games, not just first to 13.

edit: And 3 minutes isn't the maximum time for an SF4 game, I took it as an average.

Jaysus you're no fun at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

This sounds like a really good idea!

31.25 hours divided up between even just four set-ups is just under 8 hours per set-up, more than doable considering how much time we had at the last DoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would like to see this in action. LESSSSSSGOOOOOO MUNSTER!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pokemon style would be the most practical with one team from each region.

SAIRUS! I CHOOSE YOU!

What's Pokemon style?

🤪

Character Lock?

Seems fair since there are 5 on a team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fcuk off, I'm not getting into a pokeball for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is Pokemon style where one player can OCV an entire other team?

It seems that or doing round-robin long term over several event (league style) are the only options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah, one person can OCV in five straight games.

If we do this with a league between all teams it could be done in a day no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

IIRC, there's also Gods Garden-style:

Winner stays on, BUT team captain can switch them out 2 times even if they win.
    Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Maybe Pokemon style, then top 2 teams Round Robbin for the final?

Winners should all earn the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Sounds good , id tweak the format abit tho id say the dublins team go's half health , know that sounds like a tournament !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Why limit to one team a region?

bin round robin*, and limit team members to region specific but multi teams.

That way useless ****s like me can still play on the rejects team, attending the event otherwise, without hope of even getting a casual doesn't really appeal.

*This brings up the problem of OCV's which we shall call Kiki's paradox.

To get round this, the format could be each team member plays one game, win or lose. The order chosen by team captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

just an idea. if this is sticking to a 5 man team for each region Inc Dublin and this may be done every year. why spend all that money to make your way there just to get a trophy, why not each member of the team put in 50 euro each for the winners to get a good pay off. that 1250 euros in total. only once a year and and it wont be hard to save up 50 euros in a year.

if more team are joining then the pay off will be better and worth fighting for.

just an idea. if this is sticking to a 5 man team for each region Inc Dublin and this may be done every year. why spend all that money to make your way there just to get a trophy, why not each member of the team put in 50 euro each for the winners to get a good pay off. that 1250 euros in total. only once a year and and it wont be hard to save up 50 euros in a year.

if more team are joining then the pay off will be better and worth fighting for.

up it to 500 per team member i say

I am totally not up for paying €50 into a tournament :pac:

You do remember that it costs us €25 to even get to Dublin too, right?

Why limit to one team a region?

bin round robin*, and limit team members to region specific but multi teams.

That way useless ****s like me can still play on the rejects team, attending the event otherwise, without hope of even getting a casual doesn't really appeal.

*This brings up the problem of OCV's which we shall call Kiki's paradox.

To get round this, the format could be each team member plays one game, win or lose. The order chosen by team captain.

It should be part of a bigger event. Look at the international tournaments that get West Coast v East Coast, USA vs the World, Good vs Evil, etc. It's something different. ANY event could run a 5v5 tournament / teams tournament...This should be part of something bigger and different. eg. EVO Qualifier.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Why not just gather all the money we can and burn it? I don't mind putting in 15 euro to play in tournaments I have no chance of winning but 50 euro no.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

**** sf4, the game is pure ****e, lets play mario kart and run a 5 v 5 instead

• Advertisement

chunkis wrote: »
    **** sf4, the game is pure ****e, lets play mario kart and run a 5 v 5 instead

You're only saying that cause your crap at the game. :p

Advertisement