Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Xbox? - where to buy?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭

Yo Gamers, i got to get an xbox for my nieces, i think they want the kinect thing too, any recomendations where to buy this for a good price? are there different versions? they are 12 -14 years old

Any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Sacred_git wrote: »
    Yo Gamers, i got to get an xbox for my nieces, i think they want the kinect thing too, any recomendations where to buy this for a good price? are there different versions? they are 12 -14 years old

Any info appreciated :)

There are only 2 versions of the Slim and they are the 4gb & the 250gb versions.The only difference is the size of the hard drives.Most people would recommend the 250gb as it gives you more options i.e. downloading games/updates from xbox live, storing games,music,videos etc. The 250gb is a bit more expensive but cheaper than the cost of upgrading the 4gb at a later date should you need to.
    The only thing to watch out for with the Kinect is space. You need about 10 x 10ft ideally and so if you don't have the room it's useless.
    As regards the prices,these change all the time,and so you should check out special offers regularly @ the following outlets : Game, Gamestop, HMV, Xtravision & Smyths. They all do special offers and at different times and can be checked online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

punk77 wrote: »
    There are only 2 versions of the Slim and they are the 4gb & the 250gb versions.The only difference is the size of the hard drives.Most people would recommend the 250gb as it gives you more options i.e. downloading games/updates from xbox live, storing games,music,videos etc. The 250gb is a bit more expensive but cheaper than the cost of upgrading the 4gb at a later date should you need to.
    The only thing to watch out for with the Kinect is space. You need about 10 x 10ft ideally and so if you don't have the room it's useless.
    As regards the prices,these change all the time,and so you should check out special offers regularly @ the following outlets : Game, Gamestop, HMV, Xtravision & Smyths. They all do special offers and at different times and can be checked online.

thanks dude, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

xtra vision has 250gb xbox, 2 controllers , fifa 12, a free football and 20euro worth of various vouchers

hmv this week has 4gb version for 170, and 250gb version plus forza for 250

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Please do have a check on amazon.co.uk before buying from here,
    I was looking to buy the kinect sensor alone(150Euros here in Ire), & found its 30euros cheaper(120 Euros incl. delivery) @ amazon.co.uk.
    They accept irish cr.cards as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

xtra vision has 250gb xbox, 2 controllers , fifa 12, a free football and 20euro worth of various vouchers

hmv this week has 4gb version for 170, and 250gb version plus forza for 250

that's 220 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

amazon are listing the 250 gig one, with Fifa 12, Halo 3, Forza 3, 2x wireless controllers and a hdmi cable for €295 is free delivery is that a good price ??? forgive my ignorance as this is for my son for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Also I dunno if its any good to you here but theres a Maxol garage in Artane, opposite Artane Castle, that have Kinect for 75 quid! How a garage can sell it half the price of Gamestop I have no idea!

If your playing Kinect and space is an issue, check this thing out :

http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Zoom

Advertisement