Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airwire NAT

Options
  • 17-10-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

This has probably been asked before so if anyone knows where if you could direct me please. Living in west of ireland as you expect in this country no DSL broadband available. Using Airwire for broadband 2mb contented signal .I use there supplied router with a netgear FS108 ethernet switch to connect PC and xbox . PC doesnt bother me dont game online with that anymore but the NAT settings are set to moderate and this effects xbox online gaming try as i might i cant change the settings .Emailed provider response was not that helpfull .So if anyone knows how to sort this out or where the answer has previously been posted I would much appreciate it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 VainSitchy

ando198 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before so if anyone knows where if you could direct me please. Living in west of ireland as you expect in this country no DSL broadband available. Using Airwire for broadband 2mb contented signal .I use there supplied router with a netgear FS108 ethernet switch to connect PC and xbox . PC doesnt bother me dont game online with that anymore but the NAT settings are set to moderate and this effects xbox online gaming try as i might i cant change the settings .Emailed provider response was not that helpfull .So if anyone knows how to sort this out or where the answer has previously been posted I would much appreciate it

sent you a pm about it. Best of luck your going to need it trying to game online with airwire its going to break your heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

VainSitchy wrote: »
    ando198 wrote: »

sent you a pm about it. Best of luck your going to need it trying to game online with airwire its going to break your heart.

In what way? Is online gaming very bad with airwire?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Vainsitchy had some bad experience with Airwire I believe, I am on Airwire too and have had only good experience. Generally lower pings than ADSL.

I guess because it is unlicensed wireless spectrum technology you might be a bit depending on the location where you live, how many other people have to share the same frequency and how much interferen there is.

Your ISP is actually not your first port of call for Xbox settings, as they don't maintain your Netgear router. They just provide the pipe.

That said there are numerous guides on the net to setup Xbox with a Netgear router. I did some googling and found this link

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/gaming-sky/20933-setting-up-xbox-360-netgear-v1-router-xbox-live.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'd say the issue above is double NAT. The receiver outside is a router and then there's an added router meaning it's Natted twice. Xboxes work best with UPNP (plug and play), where it has the ability to open and close it's own ports. If it's enabled on the internal router it would be broken by the Nat on the receiver. The way around it is to get them to bridge the receiver and put a public IP on the internal router.

Advertisement