Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2011 - November 11th-13th

Options
  • 17-10-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Eirtakon will once again open its Games Room doors on the 11th of November and the final Gaming Schedule has been released.
    Let's all move on from the BB drama!

It's €25 for a weekend ticket to the convention or €18 for a single day.
    Friday
    17:00 - 19:00 : Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament : Games Room

Saturday
    13:30 - 15:30 : Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Tournament : Games Room

18:30 - 21:30 : Super Street Fighter 4: AE Tournament : Games Room

Sunday
    16:00 - 17:30 : BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Tournament : Games Room

Chris, the Games Room Coordinator, is going about getting all the consoles he can patched, but an issue with this event is going to be Arcade Edition.

Can anyone volunteer disk copies of the game for the day even if you're not attending?
    I'll be staffing the room and so I'll be keeping an eye on everything. My console will be there with the DLC version as a casuals machine whenever it's needed, so your disks are only needed for the tournament itself.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be there with the AE disc. I can actually bing a PS3 one as well.

I will also be recording the Saturday tournaments if that is any influence on people coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I can bring an AE disc, BB Disc, and MvC3 disc.

I'll also happily bring my Xbox for All the DLC in all those games (Minus Shuma) if eirtakon want me to. This would be better IMO for the con running into any problems with characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I shall be in attendance with a few friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Xinkai wrote: »
    I can bring an AE disc, BB Disc, and MvC3 disc.

I'll also happily bring my Xbox for All the DLC in all those games (Minus Shuma) if eirtakon want me to. This would be better IMO for the con running into any problems with characters.

omg, no Shuma?! Always being repressed :(

Do you have AE on Disk AND as DLC?
    If you can definitely bring your console it'd be great to have one less machine that needs patching in BB and MvC3.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

As someone who doesn't really care about anime, would this be worth attending simply for the tournaments and casuals? I'm really tempted to go for the MVC3 but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that 25€ plus a bus ride would be worth it just for a few games.

• Advertisement

wtfbenson wrote: »
    As someone who doesn't really care about anime, would this be worth attending simply for the tournaments and casuals? I'm really tempted to go for the MVC3 but I'm having a hard time convincing myself that 25€ plus a bus ride would be worth it just for a few games.
    Nope.
    This is an anime convention that happens to have a bunch of fighting game events. Some players still go just for games, but honestly I don't think the tourneys are worth it by themselves - especially not from Cork.

Yes I have both Disc AND Dlc for AE, I posted it in the eirta forums too, so if Chris, Or yourself gives the go-ahead then I have no problem whatsoever bringing my Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

As someone who doesn't really care about anime, would this be worth attending simply for the tournaments and casuals?

Your milage may vary.

I'm sort of torn on anime cons between having fun sometimes, and sometimes wanting to murder every single person there.

Granted I've never been to Con where the RS.ie guys have had an all day set-up. That might soften the murder urges.

Xinkai wrote: »
    Yes I have both Disc AND Dlc for AE, I posted it in the eirta forums too, so if Chris, Or yourself gives the go-ahead then I have no problem whatsoever bringing my Xbox.

Sounds good to me! :D Cheers lad.

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. Guess I'll be sitting this one out and saving the cash for the next DOC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. Guess I'll be sitting this one out and saving the cash for the next DOC.

I was sort of hoping someone else would weigh in before you made your decision. Any non-anime fan who enjoys the days events?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I can bring a PS3 copy of each if needed.

Demanding no ps3 at eirtakon :D lol

I was sort of hoping someone else would weigh in before you made your decision. Any non-anime fan who enjoys the days events?

Fair enough, I suppose I was a bit hasty in my response. It's been a slow day at work so there hasn't been much to do besides refresh the boards. I'll give some others a chance to weigh in before making a final decision. I would like an excuse to come to Dublin for the weekend to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Get Hype!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    omg, no Shuma?! Always being repressed :(

Do you have AE on Disk AND as DLC?
    If you can definitely bring your console it'd be great to have one less machine that needs patching in BB and MvC3.

I'll bring in all the mvc3 dlc

I've attended a rake of contention tournaments but I certainly wouldn't go down to Cork to play in one :D

They're a fun distraction if you're in the local area, Eirtakon was great last year fighting game wise as the staff are really receptive to us (we've come so far from arguing why Akuma is banned because of his "stupid heavy kick" :D ) so if you're in the area I'd say come in, ogle the hot cosplayers and make a mental note to torture Kiki by telling him about them all but never showing him a picture, but don't kill yourself to do ti :)

I've attended a rake of contention tournaments but I certainly wouldn't go down to Cork to play in one :D

They're a fun distraction if you're in the local area, Eirtakon was great last year fighting game wise as the staff are really receptive to us (we've come so far from arguing why Akuma is banned because of his "stupid heavy kick" :D ) so if you're in the area I'd say come in, ogle the hot cosplayers and make a mental note to torture Kiki by telling him about them all but never showing him a picture, but don't kill yourself to do ti :)

I was planning on posting a virtually identical counter argument to my earlier post, right down to the Kiki jabbing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This is the first con in a long time I can actually make it to.

Are folks still heading along?

Ay very bare minimum me doyler gus and Sai will be there, plus whoever new challengers pop up (last year, Fergus was one of them :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Speed Boat wrote: »
    This is the first con in a long time I can actually make it to.

Are folks still heading along?

Yupp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ay very bare minimum me doyler gus and Sai will be there, plus whoever new challengers pop up (last year, Fergus was one of them :) )

Paul'll be there too.

And I'm staffing of course. Just a wee note to everyone - there is a non-refundable 1 euro deposit to enter each individual tournament. This is to stop every person and his mother signing up for the tourney and then not turning up/causing massive timetable issues etc. etc. This has actually happened in the past!

So yea, just a reminder - also, if you haven't paid the 1 euro entry fee then you're not entered in the tourney so it's something to try and keep in mind. There should be a sign up desk in the room or just outside it or else ask anyone in red/green Eirtakon t-shirts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I shall be attending. Is it okay if I bring some games for casuals? Or do you guys even have the space for a casual setup...? I can bring my own console too but not a monitor. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Is it okay if I bring some games for casuals? Or do you guys even have the space for a casual setup...? I can bring my own console too but not a monitor. :v

You can certainly bring your own games with you for casuals if you want, however we already have more than enough consoles available for the weekend (running at near a 2:1 ratio of consoles to TVs atm), so unless your console has something particularly special on it - which for this means fully patched for SSF4:AE, MvC3 and BBCS2 - then I wouldn't advise bringing it :pac:

TheChrisD wrote: »
    You can certainly bring your own games with you for casuals if you want, however we already have more than enough consoles available for the weekend (running at near a 2:1 ratio of consoles to TVs atm), so unless your console has something particularly special on it - which for this means fully patched for SSF4:AE, MvC3 and BBCS2 - then I wouldn't advise bringing it :pac:

I've got MvC and BB patched, not to mention all of the MK dlc (kinda the main reason I wanted to bring it).
    I got squat for AE though.

I've got MvC and BB patched, not to mention all of the MK dlc (kinda the main reason I wanted to bring it).

I'll be bringing AE on a disc. I'd say bring it along for MK and see if you can drum up some business for future tournaments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

That's grand, be sure to catch me early enough on Friday or Saturday and I'll sort stuff out.

[offtopic]There's so many consoles available each with different availability dates and various patches and DLC's. God, having to run offline is a nightmare.

/me shakes fist at DCU proxy[/offtopic]

Konata wrote: »
    There should be a sign up desk in the room or just outside it or else ask anyone in green Eirtakon t-shirts :)

FYP, I have enough on my plate as it is :pac:

I'll be bringing AE on a disc. I'd say bring it along for MK and see if you can drum up some business for future tournaments :)

See, this guy knows what i'm up to...:rolleyes:

See, this guy knows what i'm up to...:rolleyes:

You think they made me a mod because I'm pretty? :D

• Advertisement

You think they made me a mod because I'm pretty? :D

Oh you~

Advertisement