Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 2011 - November 11th-13th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Buses to DCU: 16/a, 13 (NOT the a), 11 - all leave from O'Connell St.
    All the 41s go to DCU and leave from Abbey St.

The 41s and 16s will leave you at the Collins Ave Junction. Either ask the driver for DCU or else keep a look out for a big junction with a red church on the right, just past the junction. Get off at the junction and walk down Collins Avenue (you don't need to cross the road when you get off the bus). Walk for about 10 mins and DCU will be on your left. Follow the signs for the Helix once on campus.

The 13 and 11 leave you at the Ballymun entrance to DCU. Again, ask the driver for DCU or once you're on the Ballymun Road, look for a petrol station and nine one one shop on the left hand side. The bus stop is 2 after that (the bus doesn't always stop at the 1st stop after the shop though so get off at the next set of traffic lights after the shop). Once off, cross the road and walk through the back gates into DCU. Walk straight along the path for a few mins, take the 1st left and walk straight till you get to the back of the Helix.

Most likely you won't need any help finding the stop for DCU or The Helix though. On the bus just follow any people in cosplay or who look like they're going to Eirtakon - there's always a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Anyone getting bus from town wanna meet up tomorrow?

I gotta be there earlyish. I also have no idea how to get there.

you can meet me at the Spire at 12:15. ill be taking the bus with Koko_Pops. u have my number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

2gen wrote: »
    you can meet me at the Spire at 12:15. ill be taking the bus with Koko_Pops. u have my number

I can meet you guys there as well.

I've never been to DCU before though.

Does one of you know how to get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

2gen wrote: »

2gen knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm going to cycle so I'll see you guys there.

• Advertisement

sure, we'll be taking either the 13, 13a or the 19a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll see ya at the spire.

In the xgc now.

ggs to everyone i played. im still a bit salty that i choked against the Dante cosplayer... but to see that he made it to grand finals in the end makes it a bit easier for me to take :)
    looking forward for those recordings Doom ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Awesome day, but I'm exhausted.

Eirtakon continue to easily be the best con for fg people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GGs to everyone

Fun day, will be back tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Really fun day.

Some great matches and hype moments as well as a great atmosphere.

GGs all!

I had a good time.

The staff were for the most part very friendly.
    Awesome day, but I'm exhausted.

Eirtakon continue to easily be the best con for fg people.

This.

I didn't want to murder anyone even a little.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Great time at this, level of play was very good and the staff had this running like a breeze. Well done to Sairus and Konata on that side of things. BGs to Phoenix Wright.

Who's going back up tomorrow?

Did Sairus forfeit the right to play by being the organiser?

If so, extra kudos to him.

And to Sinéad for her pro mic work: "Hoi you guys, sitting down. Yes you. Piss off, we're having a tournament!"

:pac:

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Who's going back up tomorrow?

OMG I'LL BE THERE FERGUS. Ready to call you out on mic again ;)

Really glad to hear ye all enjoyed it. If ye have any feedback at all I'm sure Chris would like to hear it! :)

Konata telling people to go away was brilliant

Did Sairus forfeit the right to play by being the organiser?

If so, extra kudos to him.

And to Sinéad for her pro mic work: "Hoi you guys, sitting down. Yes you. Piss off, we're having a tournament!"

:pac:

*gasp* I never said piss off! I was much more polite in my kicking them off the consoles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Great day, Great Experience!!!!!!!!!.......... can't believe you guys didn't recognize me in my Yu-Gi-Oh cos-play.

Konata wrote: »
    *gasp* I never said piss off! I was much more polite in my kicking them off the consoles :P

Did too

• Advertisement

By the way, for those who follow Marvel there was a serious case of the NEW CHALLENGERS at the tournament.

Vids will be up soonish.

Good match if I do so myself:

GGs Doyler

You are compromising my integrity as staff Fergy ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

By the way, for those who follow Marvel there was a serious case of the NEW CHALLENGERS at the tournament.

Vids will be up soonish.

1 to be precise

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Good fun at the con, aweseom games in Sf and some hype in mvc3 as well.
    Not like anyone but the BB people care, but hypest tourny for BB in a long while as well, good to see some people getting better :D

shout outs to Sairus and Konata for helping out the games room cheers

chueytoo wrote: »
    Not like anyone but the BB people care, but hypest tourny for BB in a long while as well, good to see some people getting better :D

I think everybody would have gotten in on the BB if it had been on in the same day, it just wasn't worth another day/the entire weekend to get some BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Live camera view of Liam vs. Judy in MvC3 on Saturday. Hopefully if you combine this with DooM's recorded game, it'd be even better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Well I think that went rather swimmingly all in all :D
    Cheers to those that brought equipment and hype on the weekend - t'was much needed and appreciated.

Shout outs also to Konata for all those shout outs during the tournaments.

I'm looking forward to seeing them videos on account of missing most of the tournaments! :D

Also, in relation to the BB tourney being short - apologies for that, but I did warn y'all! :pac:
    Just some early warning, there may be some restrictions on prizes/tournament format of this event because of how it was stuck into a smaller time slot than the others.
    Also apologies for unceremoniously booting you all out of the room immediately afterwards, but we were under serious pressure to clear out our equipment.

Also: congrats to Xinkai for winning BB. The last 10 games of that tournament were fantastic hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I was seriously tired after that day. good times, pocky, jaibait, minecraftheads, craic and more jaibait.

not bad for the first one of those cons I've been to.

Also that taxi that became a convertible.

Advertisement