Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online med card application?

• 17-10-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

I was just told that you can apply for a med card online and that it may be faster. How does it work as I have just been fiiling out the written form and you have to get your Dr to sign it so what happens when your doing it on line?

Also what do they mean my social welfare booklet, is it the slips you get every week? So just send in one of these?

And does anyone know roughly how long it could take, I'm based in Wicklow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Well thats a load of balls...

Iwentahead with the online application but at the end I thought it would give you a chance to review but it went straight to the print version. I of course pressed a 3 instead of 4 on my date of birth and there was no way to fix this. Also could not print it out at the moment but it didn't say how to save your print version to go back to it later.

Your only option is to send a query...I'm really p!ssed at all this as I really need to go to the doctor. It seems pointless to have an online app if you still have to print it off and send it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, you still have to print it off and get the doc to sign it then send it away with all the relavent sheets proving you incomings and out goings.

Like you we couldn't print it so had to save it and go to the library.

Also we made a mistake and e-mailed the help desk. I got a reply buy mobile voice mail within 24 hrs and the problem was sorted.

From the days we sent it away it took them 3 months to deem us not eligible. There were 4 requests for further information.

oh god four months!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Renewals are only taking 4 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

Well I applied in April/May and Im still waiting to hear something!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Well I applied in April/May and Im still waiting to hear something!!!

I sent my renewal in July & got the cards couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I filled mine in online & printed it off a few days later. The link had been sent to my email address. I am staying with the same doctor so I didn't have to get him to sign it. I sent in required documentation. I got a text message within two weeks to say Medical card has been approved. I haven't received the cards yet though.

I got it back to fix and print.

It says to send off your welfare book? Does this mean the statements you get with your dole and ifso how many of them do you send with it and can I just send a copy of them as I want to keep hold of them for my own records?

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I got it back to fix and print.

It says to send off your welfare book? Does this mean the statements you get with your dole and ifso how many of them do you send with it and can I just send a copy of them as I want to keep hold of them for my own records?

thats strange you don't get a book for unemployment payments :confused:

Anyone else in the house have a book, if so all they should need is the reference number, not the actual book.

you should query this with them!

No never got a book...just get a receipt every week? With the number be on them?

• Advertisement

No never got a book...just get a receipt every week? With the number be on them?

Your details should be on them just photo copy them and send them on and don't forget to include your med card claim ref number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

It seems pointless to have an online app if you still have to print it off and send it in.

Yeah I was confused when I heard about still having to print it out at first. But it turns out when you do it online and print it out there is a reference number on the top of your form, whereas if you did it by the standard application form you would be waiting 2-3 weeks for a reference number. As soon as you have the number they can start processing your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

I applied at the end of August and still havent heard anything.Is there any point in ringing them?

Advertisement