Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get an a1 in lc maths

• 17-10-2011 5:17pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭

how do you get it, im in 5th year now so ive plenty of time, also got a in jc and maths is my fav sublect. also my teacher has a phd in physics so he is a genoius.

any advice anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ah Here!

I presume you mean higher level? Just make sure you do all the work you're given. If you work consistently throughout 5th and 6th year you should be fine. I don't think HL maths is as hard as its made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Closet Monkey

Yeah, I hear loads of comments about how hard Maths is and they drop down because there is so much work but if you work all through 5th year, you will be fine in sixth year. I am really happpy, today we got a maths test back which was apparently a common test and if you got a bad score you will be moved down to a lower higher class which will become an ordinary by next year and I got the highest which was 95%. I'm amazed how so little people got A's in that test even though it's only Algebra 1. There is a lot more difficult stuff but I'm sure you'll get through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Keep doing maths over and over and over and start again and do more ;)

When you've all the questions in your book done turn to exam papers and do them over and over and over!

Its the only way with maths!

Same goes for maths in college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Same here, I don't see the fuss over higher maths. To me it's the most straightforward subject and doing the work given well is really the only way to do well. By the sounds of it you should be grand anyway, an A1 is not a mythical thing! There is no trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You need a special gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Ah shure it easy like, CSPE was a bigger challenge in all fairness. Just study for it on the bus to school the morning of the exam and you'll get at least an A2, you'd have to be a mad whoor to find maths hard ;)

Seriously though maths is fcuking hard unless you have a lot of time for it

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

In 5th year aswell, Not finding HL too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DazzMc

Id suggest you practice the maths questions that you find the most difficult. Im in 6th year and doing honours maths. It does getting demanding later on in the year. So try to keep on top of the work, and you should be fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

I think the part c's on the HL paper can completely swing the grade.

I mean i'm in 6th year now and some of the part c's I have looked at from past papers (Especially on p1) differ from being fairly easy marks to questions that weren't designed to be solved!

Advertisement