Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Pizza in South Dublin???

• 17-10-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone have any suggestions of great pizza in the South Dublin area??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone have any suggestions of great pizza in the South Dublin area??
    Weafer and Cooper in glasthule, none of your milanos crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

That restaurant in Cabinteely village, can't remember the name but their pizza is rather excellent. Suprisingly Dante above TGI Fridays on Newtownpark Avenue also has some really tasty ones. Toscanas in Dun Laoghaire used to be quite good but haven't been there in years, might be useless these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

dominos pizza is tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

CyberJuice wrote: »
    dominos pizza is tasty
    +1
    That restaurant in Cabinteely village, can't remember the name but their pizza is rather excellent. Suprisingly Dante above TGI Fridays on Newtownpark Avenue also has some really tasty ones. Toscanas in Dun Laoghaire used to be quite good but haven't been there in years, might be useless these days.

changed owners / got redone about 6 months ago, no where near as good as it was. Trenturo is the name (sp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 connorcarroll

dominos pizza is tasty

If you think Dominos is pizza..... you dont know what pizza is!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I think bits n pizzas on Patrick Street in Dun Laoghaire is quite tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Amomymous

I absolutely love Hell Pizza on Wexford Street. Friendly staff, creative and delicious pizzas, and a very cool (or should I say hot?) ambiance. And they deliver!

http://hellpizza.com/ie/

Amomymous wrote: »
    I absolutely love Hell Pizza on Wexford Street. Friendly staff, creative and delicious pizzas, and a very cool (or should I say hot?) ambiance. And they deliver!

http://hellpizza.com/ie/

Yeah i've tried them and they are pretty good (tho I've had alot better).... but thats city center. I was looking for more the suburbs towards Dundrum/Sandyford area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Bell and Belluci in Ballsbridge is pretty damn good

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lyndan

Bits N Pizza is the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I really like the pizzas from Benitos in Dalkey, the place down beside the Purty was good too (think it's closed down now, sadly).

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Paulies pizza just off bath avenue ( grand canal street) besides beggars bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

+1

changed owners / got redone about 6 months ago, no where near as good as it was. Trenturo is the name (sp)

Oh really :(. That's a pity, I really liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

marios in ranelagh and terenure both great pizza makers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jsoc

I agree re Bits N Pizza and also recommend
    ALEXIS PIZZA & DELI
    31 Deansgrange Road,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If you think Dominos is pizza..... you dont know what pizza is!!!

aah, that's a bit unfair. after a few pints a thin crust organic cous cous and guava berry pizza just doesn't hit the spot like a hot n spicey stuff crust fat bastard pizza from Dominos.:D

and they deliver until 5m as well:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bits N Pizzas is great.

For takeaway value and meal deals, I normally hit up the Pizza Slice on Oliver Plunkett Road..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Regazzi in Dalkey.
    Very tasty pizzas. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

The new goodfellas flatbread frozen pizza is bloody good for a frozen pizza - and by far the best frozen pizza to come to market. Also just 8mins in oven.

Was really surprised by it.

€2 in tesco & made in Naas too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Base in Terenure do really nice pizzas but are obscenely overpriced for a take away. Most 13" pizzas are around 15 euro and would just about fill one person up.

• Advertisement

Bits N Pizzas is great.

For takeaway value and meal deals, I normally hit up the Pizza Slice on Oliver Plunkett Road..

Are they the guys in Monkstown???......I tried them over the weekend...
    Their Garlic bread is to die for!!! (if the same guys)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Chicago town, you will pick one up in Tesco's.......savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

maxer68 wrote: »
    The new goodfellas flatbread frozen pizza is bloody good for a frozen pizza - a

are you really gonna bring frozen pizza into this thread lmao.

i got enough flack for mentioning dominos pizza,your gonna get murdered!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

are you really gonna bring frozen pizza into this thread lmao.

i got enough flack for mentioning dominos pizza,your gonna get murdered!!!

did it for a laugh, but also because it was so much above other frozen pizzas.

Overall, pizza or any type of food is open to everyone's different tastes. For a evening out, I love a really thin crust with a good sauce and max 3 toppings + bottle of good wine + nice surroundings. - Many places match this.

For food on the go, I love Hell - especially the vesuvius with the hot sauce, hot peppers and a load of jalapenos.

maxer68 wrote: »
    did it for a laugh, but also because it was so much above other frozen pizzas.

Overall, pizza or any type of food is open to everyone's different tastes. For a evening out, I love a really thin crust with a good sauce and max 3 toppings + bottle of good wine + nice surroundings. - Many places match this.

For food on the go, I love Hell - especially the vesuvius with the hot sauce, hot peppers and a load of jalapenos.

Frozen pizza (aka: cardboard) does not warrant any replies...lol

Pizza gotta be freshly made!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spdmrphy

policarp wrote: »
    Regazzi in Dalkey.
    Very tasty pizzas. . .

+1 for Ragazzi's

Also Manifesto in Rathmines - possibly the best in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

+1 for Base in Terenure, agree that its pricey but like everything else food related in this country, if you want it fresh and tasty, its usually expensive! (doesn't excuse it but its true..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Might be a bit city centre for you, but Steps of Rome on Chatham street is outstanding..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Are they the guys in Monkstown???......I tried them over the weekend...
    Their Garlic bread is to die for!!! (if the same guys)

Yep.. i do love them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spdmrphy

sallymomo wrote: »
    +1 for Base in Terenure, agree that its pricey but like everything else food related in this country, if you want it fresh and tasty, its usually expensive! (doesn't excuse it but its true..)

If you really want it fresh and tasty, you could always make it yourself... ;)

Advertisement