Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ardrahan!

• 17-10-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey all,

I'm moving to Ardrahan from Galway city in 2 weeks, I just found out that UPC, which I already have, will not service the area... Need to know is there a broadband scheme or what would ye recommend??

Thanks,
    Claire

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Welcome to Ardrahan !

We're with Airwire.ie for broadband.
    Dumped Eircom & went VOIP with Blueface.com as provider
    & got SKY for the tv.
    Don't know if there's much more choice in this area, yet.

Talk to Ken Carr of SOUND & VISION, Crowe St., Gort. about your options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

My parents live there, I'm pretty sure Eircom supply their broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miss-Tralee

Thanks for the advice! We are hoping to avoid paying line rental, connection fees and all that so don't know if Eircom would be good for us, to be honest I don't even know if there is a phone line in the house, it's pretty old, there probably is but I haven't noticed or enquired! Really looking forward to moving out there! Such a nice area! :) The other burning question is... What's the best local?? Hahaha!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Stay away from Eircom, pensioners get their line rental subsidised which reduces their costs. Best option would be Digiweb Metro which is available in Ardrahan, they will also provide a phone number over VOIP at no extra cost, I have also heard good reports about Airwire.

If it's a remote location you could end up with line pairing and speed problems by going with a land line broadband option, these sellers will sell you a product which is good for up to a certain speed. The problem is if your line isn't able to achieve the speed then it's your problem.

The 3G options from the mobile operators are a load of pants too speed wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

+1 on Airwire. They are good, the signal is steady, the customer service good and no cap.

Highly recommended.
    Valerie

• Advertisement

Thanks all! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Best local >>>>>> Tarpeys
    Only local >>>>>> Tarpeys

Choose from the above.

Where is Tarpeys, I haven't seen it. The only pub I have see is Joyces...

Advertisement