Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange text appearing at top left hand side of Google homepage today

• 17-10-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Did anyone notice a strange text apprearing on the top left-hand side of Google homepage today? Here's what I got:

Detection V:2,loaded: 10.82.61.109,site:7148,url:BHO_vcsoftwares

Have been visiting the Google website messageboard and noticed that other users have encountered the same thing too.

The same text appeared when I visited other sites too (e.g The Irish Times website).

Worried that it could be a virus or malware. As far as I know that I did not install any programmes or suspicious software in my laptop.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

(I'm using IE9)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's some new malware apparently.

Uninstall any plugins known as "Compility" and delete any folders named as such from your Program Files folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

I have no 'Compility' plugins and I cannot find them when looking through my Program Files folder. Really worried now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I am looking at the exact message right now on top left of page. Started this afternoon sometime. It appears a few seconds after opening a new page and its been there no matter what site I'm using. I'm using chrome.

Advertisement