Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre owned games prices

Options
  • 17-10-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Hey lads.
    Had an idea for a thread which I think would be handy.
    I was in game today getting a price for Rage for the xbox.
    They were willing to give me €19.99 credit.
    I think we could make a list of games, store, the price offered and the date.

Rage - 360 - Game - €19.99 17-10-11
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

to be honest, it'd be too hard to keep this up to date. Shops can and do update their prices when they need to, could be once a month, could be after a day. I like your enthusiasm, but I don't think it'd work, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I think it could be handy if it wasnt to far in the difference.
    Like if you wanted to bring in Rage to trade it and thought screw it, not worth selling it, gona keep it for that price.
    Anywho just an idea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

only 19 quid for rage?! it just came out!!! WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

20quid for Rage already? I've got bread in my press that hasn't lost it's value that quickly.

only 19 quid for rage?! it just came out!!! WTF?

Yeah thats what I said to the fella working there :eek:
    deathrider wrote: »
    20quid for Rage already? I've got bread in my press that hasn't lost it's value that quickly.

Haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Did you check how much they are selling it for second hand?

No just asked quickly on the way out

gizmo wrote: »

i presume fiver cheaper then new one... so 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

If you trade it in in GAME against any preorder you get €35 for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i presume fiver cheaper then new one... so 50?

It was 41.99 new when I saw it when it came out, unless it's somehow gone up since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Anybody know a trade in price you'd get for Fifa 12 in game or gamestop? if it wasnt for Dark Souls theres no way i'd trade it in but I just can't resist..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

gizmo wrote: »

This is something that I'd like to share a retaillers perspective on. It's not as simple as comparing the price being sold for versus the price being offered. The current selling price would be based on the trade in price at the time the game came in. If there is an avalanche of a particular game coming in the price being offered will fall dramatically but the actual copy you are trading in will most likely be sold for less than the price you see on the shelf.

Classic example at the moment is Fifa 11 on Xbox - at one point we were selling it for €14.99 and only offering €2.50. At first glance it's a massive rip off but we had been offering and paid €10.00 + for them. We have had a load more traded in at €2.50 which means we can and have dropped the price to €7.99 - effectively the later trade ins are subsidising the earlier ones.

Now all that said I do think €19 for Rage is very low - we're offering a lot more for it at the moment but we're not sitting on a lot of stock of it and if someone else is then they will reduce the trade in price to reflect it.

• The trade in value for Rage in Xtravision is 30 euro just to note.
    Game and Gamestop and giving way less as chrismon already stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Was in Game yesterday, they offered him €4.50 for Rage, disgusting, but he did get over €400 for the other games he brought in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

20 for Rage? Man I'l be in there tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Rage came down in price quite a bit in the past week.... We're selling it for £25 now, 16 trade in.

Where is we're?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I was in Smyth's last week and I noticed a sticker on Batman AC proclaiming that if you bought the game and brought it back within 15 days, they would give you back the cost of the game minus a fiver. I can't remember how much it was for the game but effectively it would be the same as trading it in within two weeks of purchase and getting a good price for it. Not bad if you weren't particularly interested in multiplayer.

Disclaimer: I had two kids hanging off me at the time and was in bad need of a coffee so this may be a figment of my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I was in Smyth's last week and I noticed a sticker on Batman AC proclaiming that if you bought the game and brought it back within 15 days, they would give you back the cost of the game minus a fiver. I can't remember how much it was for the game but effectively it would be the same as trading it in within two weeks of purchase and getting a good price for it. Not bad if you weren't particularly interested in multiplayer.

Disclaimer: I had two kids hanging off me at the time and was in bad need of a coffee so this may be a figment of my imagination.

Smyths have done that with other games aswell

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Buying preowned games hurt the developer, far more than piracy in fact. Especially if you are buying forthnight old games for a fiver less than if you bought it new. Surely this should not be encouraged on these boards?

• Advertisement

Wonder what trade in deals they have if you tade in Mw3.. If I can get BF3 for 99c I'll fly through the Mw3 campaign and trade in, multiplayer never really changed on CoD in the past 3 or 4 years to me.. and Andy!!, it's a recession, and why would this not be tolerated on Boards, the majority of games in any game shop are pre-owned games, chill the beans!

Andy!! wrote: »
    Buying preowned games hurt the developer, far more than piracy in fact. Especially if you are buying forthnight old games for a fiver less than if you bought it new. Surely this should not be encouraged on these boards?

not this **** m8 again... all we need now is GIZMO to teach us of morality and how poor developers are.

The more you buy pre-owned, the higher the cost of games and the more developers will go out of business. Its that simple. Do what you feel. Spend €5 less and utterly screw every single person who worked on that game you are enjoying, cause they dont get a penny. I fail to see how it is ****. Unless you are a 14 year old, in which case anything that doesn't suit you can be construed as **** in which case I understand where you are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I agree, im completely against 2nd hand buying. Piracy all the way for me.

Spunge wrote: »
    Piracy all the way for me.

Better than buying pre-owned (that's not a joke, every studio says pre-owned is more damaging to them than piracy). But again, you are shafting every single person who coded/designed/animated/wrote music for/produced/marketed/textured/modelled on that game by doing so.

The more you buy pre-owned, the higher the cost of games and the more developers will go out of business. Its that simple. Do what you feel. Spend €5 less and utterly screw every single person who worked on that game you are enjoying, cause they dont get a penny. I fail to see how it is ****. Unless you are a 14 year old, in which case anything that doesn't suit you can be construed as **** in which case I understand where you are coming from.

right, AndY, reason is - this topic of second hand games was risen here for 500000000 times, you did not said anything new. it will just derail topic and thread.

welcome to boards.ie games forum.

Highlights that you havent learnt anything (or wont, for the sake of a fiver), so its still a point.

Highlights that you havent learnt anything (or wont, for the sake of a fiver), so its still a point.

Just lol man. You already made up my opinion about this without even asking.

Let it be whatever you want, sugar.

Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

How about i pirate it, then post the devs a letter with a fiver in it saying: "cheers".

Now thats better than 2nd hand buying.

• Advertisement

But I like how you say only a fiver, it's not, most second hand games ranges from 10-20 euro cheaper then buying it new.

Advertisement