Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free youtube music production lessons - Every Monday.

Options
  • 17-10-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey guys,

I run a free society in DkIT teaching people how to make music with their computer and I decided to start posting weekly videos so everyone can benefit, I'm also hoping to start more free lessons around the Country so if you know of any areas that could benefit from it and have a free lecture hall then I'd be happy to come out and give free lessons [if it's possible, I don't have a car so I depend on public transport].

The reason I give out lessons for free is because it's a brilliant hobby that helped me throughout my life so I work a lot in youth centers in particular trying to give people an enjoyable hobby and useful skill that can help them through the day!

Here is the first lesson in the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZKov2F9kM

There is a few other lesson up also but this series should be better organised, well spoken and the video itself is much clearer now. The series will also soon split into Beginners and Advanced. The beginners will break down every from the absolute beginning, assuming you know nothing. The advanced will vary a lot in how actually advanced it is but it will all be useful stuff. The beginners will be primarily just to get one used to the layout of a DAW and the frame of mind to working on a production etc.

Tell me what you think, what you'd like to see come up etc. Please subscribe if you enjoy the video and find it useful.

Thanks!
    Decitronic
    www.soundcloud.com/decitronic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Nice one. I'll have a look at the vid later.

What DAW will you be using in the videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Decitronic

I use Cubase 6 in the videos, sometimes Reason 5 [and sometimes Reason 5 rewired].

The main aim though is to teach everything quite generally and through plug-ins so that all the information, techniques and skills are applicable across the board to all DAWs so that people can use whatever DAW suits them best and still benefit from the videos.

Thanks for the interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Respect

Pity about Reason & Cubase though :P

Just joking - Fair play man. Will definitely keep an eye on it.

Need to sort out the left/right thing though. When I'm doing one for mates I usually just stick the mic on a mono channel in the DAW, with a compressor on it..

Just in case that helps you out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Decitronic

It was just a test to see if anyone preferred it but I'm just going to do the voice and the DAW's output on the same stereo channel as it's too annoying listening to it split, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

Nice tutorials bro'. Hope the channel goes well for ya'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement