Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trampolining Society?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

UCD and Trinity(along with other colleges around Ireland/The Uk) have a Tampolining Soc and it sounds pretty good as they take part in competitions here and abroad having the craic.

Has anyone ever tried to set one up in DIT or thought about it?

Would it be possible to get funds for a couple of trampolines...etc?

Thanks
    ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

You just need to get 15 signatures and go down to the Clubs and Socs office and hey presto, DIT Trampolining Society is born! Actually, that'd be pretty cool, I'd join that. I'll sign it for ya no problem!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

If you want to set it up for this year I'd hurry up with it and get sorted before budgets for the year are set in stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I'm pretty sure the trampolines you'd be after would be far to expensive for a new soc you might wanna look into places that already have them before you put it towards the socs office

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

I'm pretty sure the trampolines you'd be after would be far to expensive for a new soc you might wanna look into places that already have them before you put it towards the socs office

Yeah, this is true. So basically your saying find somewhere we can use, some sort of gym with trampolines, rent it out each time for training..etc
    Then if it takes off with bigger numbers in a year or 2 then see if we can get the investment for our own trampolines?

Also, I'm no trampolining expert myself. We would need people who have experience to teach the skill that it is and the moves you can learn on trampolines. Anyone out there a trampspert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

I used to be involved with the trampoline clubs in Limerick and Maynooth. The trampolines you'd be looking at buying cost in the region of €6,000. You can have a look at them here: www.eurotramp.com

If you're seriously interested in setting up a tramp club (which I'd highly recommend, it's too much fun) then I'd suggest getting in touch with a couple of the clubs in other colleges. Everyone involved in college clubs is really sound and more than willing to give people a hand with anything tramp related. They'll be able to give you advice on getting access to coaches and the equipment you'll need and also info on the Irish trampolining circuit.

UCD (http://ucdtramp.com/) have one of the biggest and longest established clubs in the country so they'd be a good place to start, but there are also clubs in DCU, Trinity, Maynooth, UCC, UL, CIT and Queens. A quick Google will get you contact info for any of them.

Getting the equipment is expensive but there are ways around that, don't let it stop you. Most university clubs were established for months or even years before they were able to afford to get their own equipment.

Hope all that helps. Would be great to see a club started up in DIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

one of the girls in my year does it, but has to go to dcu. i think there is another problem in that DIT has nowhere with a high enough roof

Advertisement