Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Marks and Spencer made it to Kilkenny yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

We do not need Tesco in kilkenny, one wonders why such an observation is made, why not the only county without Tesco and to add to the misery of kilkenny shoppers Iceland are in Clonmel and opening in Carlow very shortly, I guess Kilkenny doesn't need them either, why would we want shops other towns have, Kilkenny is to proud I suppose and of course there are no poor people in kilkenny, get a life someone, the price of shopping well groceries is on the up and if you are having to make ends meet every week you need as much help as possible, when we hear mothers are watering milk down because of the price, heaven help us, I suppose the children might benefit from Tesco clothes rather than have to walk around in old ones, though we are lucky to have Dunnes and Penneys who do provide cheap clothes.
    I presume the it's not good enough for Kilkenny attitude wuill no doubt prevail, they can keep the high st and parking charges to themselves we will be off to Carlow or Clonmel, we are not too proud to say we have to look after the pennies.
    It is a splendid idea to keep the shopping for poor people out of sight so that tourists can't see us a good few trees might help and definately no signs to say Tesco, Iceland etc, we wait and watch
    oh dear what a short memory, your so called Irish retailers spent years ripping off the irish shopper, it was only when Tesco and aldi and Lidl appeared on the scene that prices came tumbling down, while we are discussing Tesco yes it is true if they get into a small community shoppers move to them, now ask yourself why, they can't help it as they cannot buy in bulk the small shop cannot compete, having said that, no one in the South East bakes bread to the standard of billy Keogh, so much so he supplies our local supermarket, none of your big stores will make any dent in his business, one might site specsavers as monster, and MacDonalds, man you have to move with the times and old ways are gone like telephone boxes as much as we try to preserve the past, regards foxy

Any chances you could use a few full stops? Your sentences are a little bit incoherent . . .or maybe I'm just stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Dear Tonynator never put yourself down, I have read your other comments and your standard is such all should strive to achieve. Answer never did like them at school but will take your advice on board. Thank you for taking the time to read the comments. Much appreciated. Regards Foxy..........

Advertisement