Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening All

Options
  • 17-10-2011 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

1st time in SSC.

I want to recommend the book 'Vertigo - One Football Fan's fear of Success' by John Crace. Just published by Constable.

The tag-line goes: "Years of underachievement. An heroic sense of injustice. A seemingly infinite capacity for self-destruction. John Crace and Spurs were made for each other......."

A sometimes funny amble from Crouch's gaol against city to secure Champions League football through the 2010 -2011 season from the perspective of a dyed-in-the wool Spurs fan who happens to be a depressive, anxious type. Some nice Spurs memories thrown in along the way too.

I wouldn't say 'a must' all Spurs fans but it's always reassuring to know that other Spurs fans suffer the same ups and downs as me.

Comments

Advertisement