Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap woodworking tools

• 17-10-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Looking to get my hand on a mitre saw, circular saw and a router.

Was going to buy second hand but ya don't know what your buying i suppose. Any good websites in ireland or shops that people have used?

Not looking to spend a fortune so mid-range tools ould suit but no cheap sh*te.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭wwwboof

look on donedeal some good stuff to be had on it ps dont buy ryobi i had nothing but hassle with the chopsaw i bought i eventually bought a dewalt glad idid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Thats for that. Was seriously looking at the ryobi gear on their website. I suppose you prob can't get away with a cheap chop saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I have a chop saw and stand it is 110v and the make is Electra Beckham you can have it for 100 if you want cracker of a saw .
    Its only in my way ATM

Any pics of the saw. Is it accurate? 110v or 240V?

Whats the model no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I have a few Ryobi tools, and have had no problem at all with any of them! :)

• Advertisement

Any opinions on Balck and Decker stuff?

same as alproctor, I've several ryobi bits and none have ever given me trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭wwwboof

makita saw on done deal at the min 275 dont now if thats in ur budget.
    look on gumtree belfast some really cheap stuff on it to.
    the ryobi saw i had just wasnt up to what i was doing the hole time they are more suited to diy jobs not second fixing the hole time

one thing i always do is buy a really fine blade is less work on the saw and it will last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 moondaisy

1800W ROK Bench Saw. We have looked and looked for reviews for ROK power tools on the net and found nothing! Does anyone in here have any info on the brand? It seems to be a budget brand for woodies, am i wrong? Im asking because he will be using it a lot ( on his own which is quite scary! ) and bieng the concerned woman i just need to know if it will be up to scratch and if it will last (and not come apart and chop off his hands) any info would be great...Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Makita Mitre saw on ebay, I bought this recently and they are genuine and the saw is brilliant. Cost £145 Delivered and it was over €340 locally.
    I make Chicken coops, Decking, Wooden Gates etc and it gets a lot of use.
    I had the same saw for the last ten years and it was still going strong but gave it to parents for chopping small logs for the fire.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Makita-LS1040-260mm-Mitre-Saw-240V-/290607448838?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item43a98dc306#ht_733wt_1398

• Advertisement
Advertisement