If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC570 wont play ipod after IOS5 update

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I purchased the DC570 last year and when I updated my ipod touch 4 to IOS5 it wont play the ipod anymore.
    Seems I am not the only one with the problem check here

What happens next?

iggy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Iggy

I heard someone mention they had this issue yesterday but they said when they reset their iTouch (using the POWER button and HOME button) that solved the issue.

I dont actually have a DC570 instore but we have tried an iTouch with iOS5 with pretty much all our other dockers instore (doing so as I type) and they are playing it grand.

give that a blast and let me know how you get on.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Hi Iggy

I heard someone mention they had this issue yesterday but they said when they reset their iTouch (using the POWER button and HOME button) that solved the issue.

I dont actually have a DC570 instore but we have tried an iTouch with iOS5 with pretty much all our other dockers instore (doing so as I type) and they are playing it grand.

give that a blast and let me know how you get on.

atb
    Ash

Cheers Ash- that worked..pheeeewwwww

Glad that helped!

Happy listening.

atb
    Ash

Glad that helped!

Happy listening.

atb
    Ash

Have u tried an iPhone with IOS5 on the philips towers ?
    I don't want to update my iPhone if it doesn't work?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Iggy,

I've talked to Philips Tech about this and they assure me that the iPhone will work if you restart your iPhone after the update.

To do this you:

To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (THE BUTTON ON THE TOP OF THE PHONE) and the Home button (BIG CIRCLE BUTTON BELOW PHONE SCREEN) at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

When the phone powers back on you should be sorted and it's music central once more.

Any bother give me a call or a post,

Nicola. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi iggy, did you update your iphone? Did it work? Could you tell me which model iphone you have, I've an iphone 3gs and I'm concerned. Thanks

sedohre wrote: »
    Hi iggy, did you update your iphone? Did it work? Could you tell me which model iphone you have, I've an iphone 3gs and I'm concerned. Thanks

I havnt updated yet. I have a 3GS at the moment and am quite reluctant still.
    I will update my missus 3gs to IOS5 tomorrow and let you know.
    She doesnt use the tower so wont matter if it doesnt work.

iggy wrote: »
    I havnt updated yet. I have a 3GS at the moment and am quite reluctant still.
    I will update my missus 3gs to IOS5 tomorrow and let you know.
    She doesnt use the tower so wont matter if it doesnt work.

Update-l updated my 3GS to IOS5, rebooted phone and it works perfect through the tower.

:D

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Iggy,

I've talked to Philips Tech about this and they assure me that the iPhone will work if you restart your iPhone after the update.

To do this you:

To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button (THE BUTTON ON THE TOP OF THE PHONE) and the Home button (BIG CIRCLE BUTTON BELOW PHONE SCREEN) at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

When the phone powers back on you should be sorted and it's music central once more.

Any bother give me a call or a post,

Nicola. :D

Please follow the above steps to sort out the apple update issue. Thanks a mil for the feedback Iggy. Anyone else having bother with this issue please don't hesitate to give us a buzz instore on (01) 474 0788 or pop up an auld post.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :D

Iggy I like your style - using your wifes phone as the guinea pig:D

Glad it works!
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

see this link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75064485&postcount=12

a firmware update is required for the philips DCM580/05 & DCM580/12

for iphone 4 ios 5 issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.