Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power disconn's

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hey.

started to play on Paddy power poker cleint recently... I get dosconnected periodically. IS this a regular occurance for others? it's happening enough to make me move funds else where...

I have a speedy interenet connection and it never happened on other sites

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Hey.

started to play on Paddy power poker cleint recently... I get dosconnected periodically. IS this a regular occurance for others? it's happening enough to make me move funds else where...

I have a speedy interenet connection and it never happened on other sites
    Yea this used to happen me all the time on ipoker and when I contacted support they always used to blame my connection (standard practise for ipoker support to blame it on your end), btw I play on stars now and have rarely if ever been disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

"Please exit the client & reload the software".

Apparently this is very successfull advice from the help desks perspective,
    because
    a) it gets rid of you.
    b) they don't have to acknowledge a flaw in their product.
    but mostly because IT GET'S RID OF YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Their software is on a server in which YOU connect too, if it was a problem with their "software" then it would happen to all customers and they would have empty servers.

The issue would be with your connection to their servers, your connecting to them, their connection doesn't connect to yours half way and hold hands.

Their software doesn't decide to randomly kick the same few people for laughs, the resolution to fix the stability issue would be for you to contact your ISP and ask them to reroute your connection to their servers so that you can get the most stable connection possible to their servers.

Also, stay away from wireless connections, they are not designed for online gaming, which so many always ignore and blame everything else but their connection.

What type of connection are you guys on and what company provides your net connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

Whilst this issue might conceiveably be the fault of the ISP at either end
    my connection is maintaining uninterrupted traffic with other sites
    but simultaneously disconnecting from the iPoker service.
    Thus it's reasonable to conclude there was no issue with my ISP at that particular time.

I've experienced these issues with multiple ISP's
    in several different jurisdictions on both landline & wireless setups, but only with iPoker.

The next most obvious possible cause is that their servers/processors are timing out because
    they lack sufficient capacity to process the volume of traffic at busy periods.
    Caches of data may thus be timing out because they cannot be transmitted/computed quickly enough.
    The reverse of this being that I might have too many applications open at once,
    for example by watching a movie online at the same time
    which would be using up considerably more bandwidth than iPoker required.
    Again I've discounted this by closing all other sites, re-connecting to Paddy Power,
    and experiencing disconnects almost immediately.

Thanks for your input though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Well the difference with sites and game servers is, one of the them requires a consistent connection. Streaming movies online while playing poker would be a bad idea as it drastically hampers your connection, if your connection is interrupted while watching a movie, it will only stop downloading for a min and then recommence, where most poker providers would require you to relog to re-establish the connection as it must be consistent.

Tip: download your movies onto your comp while you sleep and then watch them, streaming them is asking for trouble, when playing poker anywho..

EDIT: Spelling

• Advertisement
Advertisement