Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit??

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm hoping an Eircom rep can help me here as I have had loads of conflicting advice over the phone and by email from Eircom. Long story short I signed up to eircom phone and broadband last month after moving house. had loads of problems and an engineer had to come and put in a new line. it look around 3 weeks for the problem to be resolved and in that time eircom put a 100 euro deposit on my account because i hadn't signed up to direct debit. I didn't send eircom my bank details as the service wasn't working. I was told over the phone that once i signed up to direct debit the deposit would be taken off. i just received my new bill and the 100 euro deposit is still on it. what should I do? there is no way i am paying 100 euro, I understand why it is there in a normal situation, but in my case there was a long delay in getting the service working so I think it is reasonable for me to wait until the service was operating before sending eircom my bank details. i've been an eircom customer for years and have been surprised by how difficult it has been in the last month to get definitive answers about these problems, i was told the deposit would be removed and it hasn't been. can anyone help? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'm hoping an Eircom rep can help me here as I have had loads of conflicting advice over the phone and by email from Eircom. Long story short I signed up to eircom phone and broadband last month after moving house. had loads of problems and an engineer had to come and put in a new line. it look around 3 weeks for the problem to be resolved and in that time eircom put a 100 euro deposit on my account because i hadn't signed up to direct debit. I didn't send eircom my bank details as the service wasn't working. I was told over the phone that once i signed up to direct debit the deposit would be taken off. i just received my new bill and the 100 euro deposit is still on it. what should I do? there is no way i am paying 100 euro, I understand why it is there in a normal situation, but in my case there was a long delay in getting the service working so I think it is reasonable for me to wait until the service was operating before sending eircom my bank details. i've been an eircom customer for years and have been surprised by how difficult it has been in the last month to get definitive answers about these problems, i was told the deposit would be removed and it hasn't been. can anyone help? thanks

Hi millivanilli,

First can you PM me with your eircom account number please. If the deposit has been applied to an account we need to receive the direct debit information and after the first direct debit has been taken the deposit can be refunded to you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement