Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maiden heifers

• 17-10-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Heifers due to calve late jan, early feb 2010, still on grass, thinking of feeding some meals outdoors before they're housed, any ideas on what to feed, weights on target

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Are they dairy or beef heifers?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

Dairy heifers all from ai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

If there weights are on target I don't think you need to feed meal you don't what them get to fat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

I have 18 month old heifers aroung 450kg. Was thinking of giving them the bull in March. Going to house them at the weekend. What sort of meal should I be giving them with the silage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

ricfeen wrote: »
    I have 18 month old heifers aroung 450kg. Was thinking of giving them the bull in March. Going to house them at the weekend. What sort of meal should I be giving them with the silage?

If half decent silage, they won't need much if anything at that weigh:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

Ya silage is grand. Was only giving them the odd bucket of meal for the last few weeks to keep them sweet. Was giving them oats and barley lately but will stop that now so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Rolled oats is a good feed. Won't fatten them like barley. If you wanted to keep them out on grass a bit of hay or straw to dry them up aswel. Wants to be kept dry though or they won't eat it.

Advertisement