Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help!

• 17-10-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im new here and looking for advice as it seems i havent a leg to stand on.

I bought a brand new mcconnell 6500T headgecutter in july since the day i bought it

1. Gearbox Breather Blowing out Oil.
    2. Electric switch box connector sticking.
    3. Oil leaking from main Oil Block.
    4. Telescopic Ram leaking.
    5. Vickers Valve Leaking.
    6. Oil leaking from thermostat on cooler.
    7. Oil leaking from outlet on cooler.
    8. Oil leaking from return side of cooler.
    9. Oil leaking from return pipe to main Filter.
    10. Oil leaking from main filter.
    11. Oil leaking from oil filter breather.
    12. Oil leaking from pipes on Vickers valve.
    13. Temperature control valve blowing fuse on direct connection to battery connected by mechanic from company.
    14. Brackets do not suit the machine.

Mechanics have came out ten times from the place i bought it and the same problems re-occur.

i have this 3 months and ive requested to get a replacement the garage have requested mcconnell replace my machine with a new one but they are ignoring all calls.

Has anyone got any advice for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Im new here and looking for advice as it seems i havent a leg to stand on.

I bought a brand new mcconnell 6500T headgecutter in july since the day i bought it

1. Gearbox Breather Blowing out Oil.
    2. Electric switch box connector sticking.
    3. Oil leaking from main Oil Block.
    4. Telescopic Ram leaking.
    5. Vickers Valve Leaking.
    6. Oil leaking from thermostat on cooler.
    7. Oil leaking from outlet on cooler.
    8. Oil leaking from return side of cooler.
    9. Oil leaking from return pipe to main Filter.
    10. Oil leaking from main filter.
    11. Oil leaking from oil filter breather.
    12. Oil leaking from pipes on Vickers valve.
    13. Temperature control valve blowing fuse on direct connection to battery connected by mechanic from company.
    14. Brackets do not suit the machine.

Mechanics have came out ten times from the place i bought it and the same problems re-occur.

i have this 3 months and ive requested to get a replacement the garage have requested mcconnell replace my machine with a new one but they are ignoring all calls.

Has anyone got any advice for me?

One for the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

I think McConnell's approach is neither here nor there unless you bought it directly from them. Your contract is with the garage that supplied it, and I think you can reject it as unfit for the purpose sold. And drop it on their forecourt and follow them for a new unit/full refund.

However I have heard so much about this on the BBC and on RTE I am confused sometimes between the situation here and in the UK.

I think you need to call to the C.A.B. (not the Garda one, yet!).

LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Johnmatthew, we can't really offer legal advice here as this is a public forum and can be read by anyone. The best advice that we can give you is to seek legal advice from your Solicitor or from the CIC (Citizens Information Centre) as Lost Covey pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Man, that's a serious amount of things to go wrong with a NEW machine. McConnell have a good name for hedgecutters. I'm sure they would not like it damaged in any way.
    As for leaking hydraulic connections, they all require checking when new. I work with hydraulics a fair bit. New fittings, especially JIC types, have to 'bed in'. When they're new, with heat and everything, they should be checked at regular intervals. I wouldn't take a leaking hydraulic connection, as a sign that the machine was faulty in any way.
    Where I work we've had issues like this. Guys swearing they tightened all the fittings, only to find them loose again after a few days. New fittings tend to slowly form to shape. Once they are 'bedded in', usually after a few twists of a spanner, they wont loosen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnmatthew

This matter has now been resolved, thanks for fhe help.

Advertisement