Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House/Apartment to rent for one night in Limerick

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All, I'm celebrating a milestone birthday in December and Im hoping to go to Limerick for the night. I want bring some friends down and for us all to stay in the same accomodation together. We'd be very clean, organised etc and not mental party people but we all want to stay together for the weekend as we don't see each other that often. We're looking for a house to rent for the night/wkend of Sat December 17th. We'll leave the place as we got it, just need the beds to be make up for us and the place to be decent and warm. Alternatively if anyone has some other suggestions for accommodation that may suit that'd be great.. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How about one of those places...err... I forget the name.... oh yeah, a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kkalm

How about one of those places...err... I forget the name.... oh yeah, a hotel?

Because we want a house not a hotel, read the post. If you haven't anything useful to add don't bother. Loser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

You want to see if someone will be kind enough to help you out by allowing you and some friends to stay in their house for a weekend. You call someone a loser when they point out a hotel suggestion. What about ringing hotels that have apartment accommodation, they do exist you know.

No one is going to believe you and your friends are going to be clean and well behaved. It's to celebrate a birthday party all weekend. Drinking all weekend in a house you don't own or care for? hmmmmmm yeah sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Self Catering accommodation is what you're looking for OP.

The Castle Oaks in CastleConnell (10 minutes outside the city) do self-catering accommodation.

Google is your friend OP...

MagicMarker did not kindly make a suggestion, it was inferring that I am stupid that I haven't heard of a hotel. FYI "Yawns" I have checked hotels in the area and I have not had any luck, that it why I am posting on this forum. With regard to your assumption about me or my friends not being well behaved & keeping the house clean, it is you that it out of order. I am happy to pay a deposit and/or provide a reference to ensure that a property is looked after. I am a home owner myself and I respect other people's property.

I am merely looking for a place that we can sit down and have a meal together as some have less money than others it would be a good alternative to an expensive restaurant and we would be able to relax. Thank you for your recommendation lostgirly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Good luck finding someone. I certainly wouldn't be allowing a random stranger to stay in my house for a weekend to celebrate it with friends even if they had a letter of reference from the pope and I doubt there is many who would. Especially not that close to christmas, if something were to go wrong in the house, the owner wouldn't be too happy to have to either clean a big mess or pay for repairs so close to the holiday period.

Self - Catering accommodation such as a holiday apartment would be what you are seeking and they can be very cheap when everyone pitches in for the cost.

A word of advise if you wish to take it. I worked in hotels. If you are planning on having a lot of people in one room to celebrate a birthday with friends you haven't seen in a long time, do not give this information to the hotel. It makes the management wary. I don't know how old you will be or your friends, but I have seen enough messy situations from many different generations with the majority coming from younger people but it's not limited to them. In fact it's worse with the older groups from my experience as we can just throw the younger crowd out easier, the older folks "know their rights" if you get my meaning.

Simply tell the hotel you have a group meeting coming up for your company with some people traveling from different places. You are on a tight budget and the people will stay in 1 apartment (read small number of cheap hotel rooms if no apartment). After you get there it's too late for the hotel to worry/care and you will have saved yourself a few bob as hotels like to offer companies discounts to try secure future bookings.

Yawns wrote: »
    Good luck finding someone. I certainly wouldn't be allowing a random stranger to stay in my house for a weekend to celebrate it with friends even if they had a letter of reference from the pope and I doubt there is many who would. Especially not that close to christmas, if something were to go wrong in the house, the owner wouldn't be too happy to have to either clean a big mess or pay for repairs so close to the holiday period.

Self - Catering accommodation such as a holiday apartment would be what you are seeking and they can be very cheap when everyone pitches in for the cost.

A word of advise if you wish to take it. I worked in hotels. If you are planning on having a lot of people in one room to celebrate a birthday with friends you haven't seen in a long time, do not give this information to the hotel. It makes the management wary. I don't know how old you will be or your friends, but I have seen enough messy situations from many different generations with the majority coming from younger people but it's not limited to them. In fact it's worse with the older groups from my experience as we can just throw the younger crowd out easier, the older folks "know their rights" if you get my meaning.

Simply tell the hotel you have a group meeting coming up for your company with some people traveling from different places. You are on a tight budget and the people will stay in 1 apartment (read small number of cheap hotel rooms if no apartment). After you get there it's too late for the hotel to worry/care and you will have saved yourself a few bob as hotels like to offer companies discounts to try secure future bookings.

Thanks for that, that's very helpful. I'll look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Clarion hotel out the ennis road rent apartments by the night, stayed there on a stag party once and I reckon they would be perfect for what you want, or does it absolutely have to be a house? You'd have lots of parking, hotel bar nearby etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

mickeyk wrote: »
    Clarion hotel out the ennis road rent apartments by the night, stayed there on a stag party once and I reckon they would be perfect for what you want, or does it absolutely have to be a house? You'd have lots of parking, hotel bar nearby etc.

Clarion ennis road, great apts in hotel but closed about a year ago.

Advertisement