Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying bulk logs

• 17-10-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

myself and 6 mates are looking to buy bulk logs say a lorry load and spilt between us, does anyone know where i would go to find somewhere that sells logs like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

trixyben wrote: »
    myself and 6 mates are looking to buy bulk logs say a lorry load and spilt between us, does anyone know where i would go to find somewhere that sells logs like this?

Am just back from Auckland and there were loads of places doing exactly what you need
    http://www.firewood4u.co.nz/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

There is chap, on the R132, Swords-Balbriggan Rd, just north of the Donabate exit of the M1, who sells logs by the load.
    i just got a crate from him, a cubic metre, well dried hardwood logs great value.

I have no doubt he will do you a good deal on a truck-load.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Am just back from Auckland and there were loads of places doing exactly what you need
    http://www.firewood4u.co.nz/

Would you know how much Delivery is (TONGUE IN CHEEK):mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Look up firewood on donedeal.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

martinn123 wrote: »
    There is chap, on the R132, Swords-Balbriggan Rd, just north of the Donabate exit of the M1, who sells logs by the load.
    i just got a crate from him, a cubic metre, well dried hardwood logs great value.

I have no doubt he will do you a good deal on a truck-load.

Can you mention how much and does he deliver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Can you mention how much and does he deliver?

Yes he delivers, has a truck with a crane, so he will lift the crate and drop where you want.

Cubic Meter of logs, hardwood, well dried 140.00, available in 9'' or 12''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

martinn123 wrote: »
    Yes he delivers, has a truck with a crane, so he will lift the crate and drop where you want.

Cubic Meter of logs, hardwood, well dried 140.00, available in 9'' or 12''

Is that not a bit expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

try the address below, or any of your local timber hauliers, going rate around tipperary/waterford seems to be about 650e for truck load or 1300e for truck and trailer (about 15cube meter or 30 cube meter in 3m lengths) Depending on where you are delivery might add more to this. Have not bought timber this year but a neighbour has at the above rate which included delivery (but driver that delivered lives locally so may have got it delivered free)

http://www.forestry.ie/fordirectory_har.htm#HARVESTING

Advertisement