Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere for breakfast on a Sunday morning (near to the Clarion Hotel)

Options
  • 17-10-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Heading to Cork City in a couple of weeks and am looking for somewhere nice for breakfast, that would be open on a Sunday morning and be within walking distance of the Clarion Hotel?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

DC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

What type of food? For the good ole Irish fry try Tony's Bistro (North Main St., about a 15 minute walk from you. For something more upscale, try Liberty Grill (which to be fair also does a nice Fry, just not quite as greasy as Tony's if that's what your after). They do everything from omelettes to pancakes to brunch. Also about 15 mins away on Washington St.

If you want to be really lazy, try Ger's Deli ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Liberty is closed on Sundays (sadly!).

How about Electric on the South Mall? They do brunch from 12pm.

Zak's on Marlboro St do a nice breakfast from 10-12. Both within about 10 mins walk from the Clarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Depends on what you want.
    If you're looking for a greasy fry then head to Tony's bistro, about a 10 minute walk from the Clarion.

http://www.menupages.ie/cork/cork_central/cork_city/tonys_bistro/Menu.aspx

If you want something more choice, head to Electric, about 5 mins away.

http://media.withtank.com/cc7febd2ac.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I had a lovely breakfast last week in The LV/Windsor Hotel. You go in the hotel entrance then to the left into The LV. It was a great fry-up; sausages, eggs, rashers, chips, beans, pudding, tomato, toast, soda/brown bread and tea (or coffee.) It was easily as good as a Tony's Bistro breakfast, and only €8.

I'd definitely recommend it over a Tony's Bistro one (which are expensive and not as good as I remember.)

And it's far more comfortable thant Tony's. Nice subdued lighting, comfy seats, paper to read, and a smoking area out the back. I'll be going back again.

Edit: It's on McCurtain St., just up the road from the Clarion, about seven minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭wyndhurst

Peppercorns on Pembroke Street

• Advertisement

Buceph wrote: »
    I had a lovely breakfast last week in The LV/Windsor Hotel. ..........

Have been meaning to pop in there for a breakfast some weekend but I'm a pure bed head so rarely up before noon at the weekend.

Tony's I like for an evening feed but the breakfasts there aren't great, beans are not great the sausages aren't great, just not great really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I don't like it as a niteclub but on a Sunday morning there's no nicer place than the Bodega for a relaxing atmosphere and good quality grub with the Sunday papers. Looking around it's always hard to imagine the sh1te music that would have been shaking the rafters only hours earlier.

It'd probably be a fair anticlimax for the OP if they were to leave the nice surroundings of the Clarion and trek the whole way across town for the dingy decor of Tony's Bistro.

Advertisement