Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longboard suppliers - sligo region

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

FlashD wrote: »
    Same here, look forward to seeing what you get. :)
    Whats he shaping for you and do you have the dems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

it's based on the rattler model which is a 9 0 performance longboard, it will have a bit more meat in the middle for easy paddling and a rounded pintail. fins will be 1 + 2 and it's thinned out for turns at rear, not specifically set up for nose riding for for movement. i've already got a monster log which has serious volume so wanted to get something a bit faster and more turnable.
    wish it would arrive for weekend, 17 sec period :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

What about graphics and finishes?

....are you having an input or are you leaving it up to the shaper?

oh yeah, am getting a tinted finish similar to an existing board but with a little personalisation in there as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've ony gone and ordered a board from glide too, been a bit naughty and not ordered a log though..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭keryl

Your all making me jealous. so 550-750 isn't bad really considering you would pay the same for a general board. Also, artwork etc is your idea too.

I really did plan to get one but I probably need a new wetsuit and I might be moving away next year so it's looking less realistic.

Can't wait to see both results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Looking forward to seeing the Rattler LB in Strandhill promethius, I've yet to see one in the flesh.
    Paul's work is great and the quality seems to be continually improving.
    Gotta say I love the Pintail I got 3 odd year ago.

Ordered myself a glide hull today :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rodento wrote: »
    Ordered myself a glide hull today :D

What you going for this time man?

Think he's starting shaping my new quad this week or next :D

Ordered a 7'6 round tail mini mall'ish hull but I guess it depends how this 7'2 half and half turns out...

183b5aed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

this is a taster of what will land on promethius's doorstep tommorow :D

IMG_1031-1.jpgIMG_1033.jpg

That's some beast, how's the hull coming along:D

Thats a damn fine looking board! Think I got a wee glimpse of it when I was picking up the fish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thats a damn fine looking board! Think I got a wee glimpse of it when I was picking up the fish :D

you mean this little fishy??? :D

IMG_1034.jpgIMG_1036.jpg

glide wrote: »
    you mean this little fishy??? :D

Why yes! thats the one! :pac:

Have you surfed her yet

Have you surfed her yet

Not yet, either this evening or tomorrow morning I'm hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Was looking at that longboard earlier, Paul's work is getting better and better. Loved the dark finish; t'will be a shame to wax it not to mention ding it

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    Was looking at that longboard earlier, Paul's work is getting better and better. Loved the dark finish; t'will be a shame to wax it not to mention ding it

having got it yesterday i've thought about what you've said above. the dings i will do my best to mind it but i've come up with something for the wax. i've got a pair of really grippy booties so i'm actually going to surf it without any wax. i've put them on the surface and it's amazing how grippy they are on the deck. i reckon i should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

dude you will slip

• Advertisement

Second that, you could do serious legiment muscle damage slipping badly off a board, just not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

dude you will slip

Sshsss!!! Say nothing, as funny as this is so far, there more comedic value to be had yet....

Seriously, its stuff like this keeps bringing me back here :)

looks like my earlier joke went over some people's heads ;)

promethius wrote: »
    looks like my earlier joke went over some people's heads ;)

Looks like that qoute has gone viral

Promethius your famous :D

yeah i heard it's on a few forums alright, good auld craic :D those other forums will prob just go to town on the original comment and not the ensuing explanation that it was a joke :p

Enough about the joke, how did she go on the weekend :D

Enough about the joke, how did she go on the weekend :D

as luck would have it i got food poisoning over the weekend and haven't been able to get her out in the water yet, bad timing with some decent conditions up here too. weds is a possibility.

Talking about jokes, I nearly went surfing without the fin on sunday, bloody mortified when another surfer pointed it out:o

Talking about jokes, I nearly went surfing without the fin on sunday, bloody mortified when another surfer pointed it out:o

do you take it out for transport or just switching to new one?

i've seen surfers (twice) put in their fins backwards, wasn't their first day they had a few years under their belts at that stage.

when i first started i used to leave my bic in the surf club in strandhill, arrived out one day and the fins had all been robbed out of it! only noticed in the car park :mad: never got them back either....

• Advertisement

Took the fin off for the drive, completely forgot about it whan we arrived at the spot and were greated by morning glass:D

Advertisement