Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile : What is considered the start date when you buy a PAYG internet addon

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

For 'operational reasons' I am attracted to the idea of 'stacking up' internet addons

If I were to buy 3 X 1 week 350MB internet addons on date X ( indeed, do Tesco support such an activity ) I presume that one of them is activated at once and expires at date X + 7days. What happens the other two ? Do they await the expiry of the first one ( date Y ) and which time one of them becomes active and expires at date Y+7 ? or do all three addons expire on date X+7days ?
    Also, if the first addon expires before date X+7 can a new addon follow on at once or is internet access blocked until the 7 days of the original addon have elapsed ?

Olddog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

0lddog wrote: »
    For 'operational reasons' I am attracted to the idea of 'stacking up' internet addons

If I were to buy 3 X 1 week 350MB internet addons on date X ( indeed, do Tesco support such an activity ) I presume that one of them is activated at once and expires at date X + 7days. What happens the other two ? Do they await the expiry of the first one ( date Y ) and which time one of them becomes active and expires at date Y+7 ? or do all three addons expire on date X+7days ?
    Also, if the first addon expires before date X+7 can a new addon follow on at once or is internet access blocked until the 7 days of the original addon have elapsed ?

Olddog

Hi olddog,

No its a bit simpler than that. Its like one big bundle that you are topping up. Thats why its called stacking - you dont need to worry about when you do it as long as its before the first one expires.

So if you buy three very close together on the same day the expiry date is 3 x the duration and the allowance is 3 x the allowance.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....So if you buy three very close together on the same day the expiry date is 3 x the duration and the allowance is 3 x the allowance.

regards
    Paul

Like a dog with a bone I've been chewing over this & wonder.....

( Take the 7 day 350MB as an example )

If the first one expires due to MB used up after 5 days and a second one was purchased does it follow on at once ? or is there 2 days of no service while the 7 day element of it expires ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

0lddog wrote: »
    Like a dog with a bone I've been chewing over this & wonder.....

( Take the 7 day 350MB as an example )

If the first one expires due to MB used up after 5 days and a second one was purchased does it follow on at once ? or is there 2 days of no service while the 7 day element of it expires ?

It goes like this you buy 3X 350MB bundles all in one

you get 350MBX3= 1050MB 1GB!!
    Time of addon 7days X3 =21 days

so you get 1050MB and have 21days to use it

You might be better off buying the 1GB addon for 30days it cost €7

Advertisement