Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Bands

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Myself and my Partner are getting married next aug in waterford city, we are really struggling to find a band,

Would appriciate any help/ recommendations

We would be looking at an age group from 20 up to 90 so a variety is needed for young and old.

Love any band that can do , Irish, RocknRoll etc

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Avalon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055819923&highlight=Wedding

That is only a little less then two years old and should give ya good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Thanks for thoses :D, Il check them out and get prices, any more recommendations are appriciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

We had Swinging bluecats from kilkenny. They were excellent and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Was at a wedding a while back they had the brand new cadilacs playing.
    Excellent band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭runsalot

I just got married 4 weeks ago and had " The Bottle Brothers" do band and JD. Floor was full for the entire night. Reasonable price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Fiesta have gotten really popular in Kilkenny recently, saw then at a few weddings and were excellent. Really good mix of recent music with the few popular oldies thrown in. Booked them for mine next year.

http://www.fiesta.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Absolutely Brand New Cadillac.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 annersinoz

Hi Tiny Tyo,

I am in the exact same situation, am living in Australia and getting married in June 2012 so happy you have set up this thread. I have had lots of recommendations for the bottle brothers, unfortunately they are on holidays the week of my wedding. I have been doing alot of online searching and have a few bands i have looked up online.

Wise Guys, seattle, Never Heard of Em, Brand New Cadillacs, Avalon.

Anyone that has seen any of these bands or can recommend any other bands please let me know.

Good luck with the wedding planning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Brand new cadillac or avalon from that list above. Have seen them both at weddings and they played a blinder, full dance floors all night. Stay well away from seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I got married in cork 3 years ago and we had the boogie band play, they were fantastic, they play types of music and they will go and learn songs for your wedding if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

annersinoz wrote: »
    Hi Tiny Tyo,

I am in the exact same situation, am living in Australia and getting married in June 2012 so happy you have set up this thread. I have had lots of recommendations for the bottle brothers, unfortunately they are on holidays the week of my wedding. I have been doing alot of online searching and have a few bands i have looked up online.

Wise Guys, seattle, Never Heard of Em, Brand New Cadillacs, Avalon.

Anyone that has seen any of these bands or can recommend any other bands please let me know.

Good luck with the wedding planning!

Hi Annersinoz,

I actually booked the bottle brothers the other day, so i am delighted , its a pity they are on holidays when your wedding is on. They really do get the crowd going, I have spoken to a lot of people about them and they said they were very good to get people up and dancing.

There are good bands listed on this page so hopefully you will get sorted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

One word of who not to consider.....Brass and Co.
    Way too expensive and not very fun

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You might force "the boc" out of retirement for a crate of large bottles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

we had "Fuse" play at ours..they were excellent would highly recommend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Funfair wrote: »
    You might force "the boc" out of retirement for a crate of large bottles :D
    Ah the boc, now that brings me back! I got married in July and we had IQ, they were brilliant, their lead singer has some voice and the dance floor was full all night long :Dhttp://www.iqmusic.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

'Rubber Soul' from Waterford worth considering. If you want a quote ring John Palmers music shop on a Saturday the singer works in there, ask for Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I've heard good things about Carouse. Like they play old classics and more modern stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fingertips56

Hi, there is only one band that are guaranteed to rock your wedding day.
    Brass & Co are such an exciting 10-piece band and their programme is bang up to date too.
    Friend told me that they are not as expensive as many think. Worth Checking out.
    Good luck.

Heard Brass & Co recently at a wedding in the Tower Hotel Waterford and I have to say, with all the brass instruments, they were awesome. power, excitement and filled the floor all night.
    Caught a piece about them on Nationwide on RTE last Friday week.
    Really exceptional band.

Just saw your post and I cant believe it.
    No band comes near them for fantastic music, played super and great modern songs too.
    Oh and im not IN the band either... just love them.... saw them at the tall ships too. wow

Personally, Brass&Co played at my brothers wedding a few years ago and I didn't think they were worth the money he paid them. They were good and had the room dancing but IIRC they were twice the money I paid for my wedding and they had the floor full too so it really all amounts to the same thing ya know?

Price them by all means but IMHO if they are much more expensive then say Avalon I wouldn't pay the difference.

I was at a Wedding in Killarney last month and a band called "Ocean six" were playing.. they were absolutely amazing the Best wedding band Ive seen ever! Everyone at the weeding were taking about how good they were.. Link here to a contact page and a video clip... http://www.occasions.ie/bands/oceanssix.htm

They say they cover Munster so they should come to Waterford, if you get them I can guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

worth sending them an e-mail about cost etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

ziedth wrote: »
    Personally, Brass&Co played at my brothers wedding a few years ago and I didn't think they were worth the money he paid them. They were good and had the room dancing but IIRC they were twice the money I paid for my wedding and they had the floor full too so it really all amounts to the same thing ya know?

Price them by all means but IMHO if they are much more expensive then say Avalon I wouldn't pay the difference.

Fair point. Both Brass & Co and Avalon are brilliant. Guess its down to how much money ye can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

+1 for Brass and co - great gang of musicians, and they've got a great sound. Avalon were great for years... but have they gone off a bit lately? Not sure - change of personnel or something maybe, but they still can fill a dance floor. Personally either of the two bands would do a great job, obviously Brass and Co would be much more expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Oh and im not IN the band either... just love them.... saw them at the tall ships too. wow
    yeah. right. Not in the band. good one. No pimping ur own band.! With a nickname like fingertips56 you may very well play a brass instrument and 56 might be your age which would be about right for some of the lads in brass and co. And , also, you seemed to have joined boards just to comment in this thread. MY guess is you arwe in the band and a friend of urs saw the negative post about brass and co. and you decided to join to " big up " the band. Thats what i think anyway.

yeah. right. Not in the band. good one. No pimping ur own band.! With a nickname like fingertips56 you may very well play a brass instrument and 56 might be your age which would be about right for some of the lads in brass and co. And , also, you seemed to have joined boards just to comment in this thread. MY guess is you arwe in the band and a friend of urs saw the negative post about brass and co. and you decided to join to " big up " the band. Thats what i think anyway.

I think you have too much time on your hands and maybe suffering slightly from paranoia :)

• Advertisement

TBF, what spankadamonkee posted happens ALLOT on boards. I like to see the best in people though :)

Advertisement