Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Bands

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Funfair wrote: »
    I think you have too much time on your hands and maybe suffering slightly from paranoia :)
    In fairness, you dont have to be a genious:rolleyes:. And if you look back over my posts you will see i dont have that much time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 musicman100

Firstly, yes I am in a full time professional wedding band, and no I'm not going to tell you which one, I'm not here to plug :rolleyes:
    Folks, every one's taste in music is different so if someone recommends a band, great, but go and see them yourself.
    I would like to ask people not to dish bands on here, times are tough for everyone so please don't take the bread out of someone's mouth by possibly loosing them a booking just because you didn't like the band on the night. A bad ref here can cost a band numerous bookings :(
    The original poster wanted "recommendations", so be nice and just recommend good bands, the poster (and others) can make up their own mind when they go to see them.

P.S. It's really obvious when someone is plugging their own band lads :D

Have a nice day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lebowski are one to consider, excellent band and good to deal with.

The Unusual Suspects are another one to consider, depends on what kind of music your looking for really. The best advice I can give you is to go see a few of the bands play and see which you think is going to fit your requirements best.

Often meeting and discussing set lists etc can get you a good feel for whether you want the band or not.

And again, it depends on your budget for the music. Certain bands are too high priced imo, wont name names, and others are more realistic and have generated good business for themselves along with good will for being reasonable.

I know I would be more inclined to recommend a band who were sound to deal with, reasonably priced and had the place dancing rather then the band who were double the price but did the same thing!

Think most people would be the same, everybody has to think of value for money in these times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

lbcoconut wrote: »
    Hi, quick question, have a friend getting married in Nice in August who is looking for an English speaking wedding band from the area. If anyone knows of anywhere to look or anyone who may have been in the same situation could you please reply or pm me the details, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nice? In France like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Hi, quick question, have a friend getting married in Nice in August who is looking for an English speaking wedding band from the area. If anyone knows of anywhere to look or anyone who may have been in the same situation could you please reply or pm me the details, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You're from Donegal, you're looking for an English speaking wedding band in the south of France, and you're asking this in the Waterford forum :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 lbcoconut

Whoops, sorry just realised i posted in the wrong thread! Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Whoops, sorry just realised i posted in the wrong thread! Apologies!

Don't worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Remember going to a wedding a few years back and there was an excellent band... can't think of the name but one of the members was called Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Remember going to a wedding a few years back and there was an excellent band... can't think of the name but one of the members was called Matt.

Was it Bros? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

totally miss read this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Finnbar01 wrote: »

I can see the OP running to her /his Partner excited with this information :D

Funfair wrote: »
    I can see the OP running to her /his Partner excited with this information :D

Ah shure I'm a fountain of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kelliero

hi guys getting married next year i cant decide between the bottle brothers or the waxies would love to know what ye think of either band thanx :)

Brass & Co, I think that was the name of the band.

Advertisement