Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twisted Pepper

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Looking for peoples unbiased views of this place, thinking bout heading up there for todd terje gig but no nothing about the vibe or crowd that descend on the place. Any help before i purchase tickets would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

my favourite medium sized venue in ireland.
    crowd is generally very good, vast majority of people are there for the music, not for a pissup, very few knackers, guys that run it are pretty sound.
    never had any problems with the bouncers, though sometimes they'll ask who you're there for, so just say todd terje and it'll be grand. no dress code really, as long as it's not a celtic jersey or something...
    thoroughly recommend the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

its a great spot i think, been there loads, as long as you know who's playing then you shouldnt have an issue getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

It's a great club. Never had any hassle or never had a really bad night there. It doesn't get a scum bag crowd. People are generally there for the music. And generally, there's a good mix of ages in there too. There's also always good drinks promos down in the basement bar. And if you're around during the day, there's a really great coffee, record and book in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Another thumbs up.
    Honestly, you'll be hard pushed to find anyone with an interest in dance/electronic music with anything bad to say about the TP as a venue. It doesn't tend to get the there to be seen crowd.
    Only complaints I've ever had have been down to a mismatch of draws in the various rooms. Like they get capacity at the door but everybody is there to see one act, leaving two empty rooms and one packed to the gills.
    Looking at the line-up for that night, I'd say you'll be alright though. People in fancy dress will just migrate to wherever there's room for them. They won't sweat it out in the basement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MC_FM

Are the Twisted Pepper strict with I.D.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement