Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Apprentice 2011

Options
  • 17-10-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

Series 2 begins next Monday (24 October)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016kgww
    The boardroom will soon be open to receive the young hopefuls all eager to impress Lord Sugar with their business acumen.

The identities of the candidates will be revealed on here, the official website, on Tuesday 18th October - so make sure you come back for the unveiling. You will be able to view exclusive audition videos of the contestants and read their biogs before the show starts on BBC One the following week

In the first episode, The boys are pitted against the girls in a race to create a range of frozen treats.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to this, as I really enoyed the first series.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smiler1990

cannot wait!! I loved it last year and the english version of the apprentice (junior and regular) is so much better!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This year's 11 candidates are revealed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016kgy4/candidates

Some seriously impressive youngsters there...roll on Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I like The Apprentice but have no interest in watching a bunch of kids on it for some reason. Barely watched the first series.

Althtough this year's crowd seem a bit older than last year's. Looks more like teen Apprentice this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Not sure which apprentice to watch next week so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

yeah it was very good last year, im sure our own one will pale in comparison to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

This year's 11 candidates are revealed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016kgy4/candidates

Some seriously impressive youngsters there...roll on Monday :D

nice to see they have an irish candidate. the lad last year was the image of ryan tubridy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

How some of them from last year are getting on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Im all over this.

Dropping the boring Irish one and picking this one up...

Jasus, white suit!

• Advertisement

I set up a thread for this week lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I have no idea why any adult would be interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Have you watched it? It's far more entertaining than the Irish adult version, imo.

I thought the lads were unlucky losing that one, to be fair. The Irish guy is incredibly annoying and should have gone instead of Mohammed, who was marginally less annoying.

I wonder why Karen didn't chip in and settle the argument over whose idea the pirate theme was. I was almost sure it was Mohammed's idea....

anyone watching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I love this, second episode this week, good fun and they're really passionate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Not usually home for this, good ole bank holiday, loved last years, looking forward to it. Did I hear an Irish accent in the recap of last week?

a lot better than the irish one- Norn Irl lad is a bit annoying!

efb wrote: »
    a lot better than the irish one- Norn Irl lad is a bit annoying!

That must've been the accent i heard :pac:

That scouse guy is useless.

That scouse guy is useless.

Missed a little bit, wil he get fired or the PM, or is he PM :confused:?

• Advertisement

flutegirl wrote: »
    Missed a little bit, wil he get fired or the PM, or is he PM :confused:?

He is the PM. I want Harry H to win this.

He is the PM. I want Harry H to win this.

As soon as he said that Ben (?) had assisted people I knew he was a gonna ;) Harry seems very confident, will try and catch it again next week, the young ones are more astute than the adults. See you next week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I have to say I loved the mantel piece flower display….never laughed so much. Also rainforest chic…loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Awww...I'm loving this series.

I do watch TV3's 'The Apprentice' - because it's Irish, but the BBC's Young Apprentice is far superior this time.

The characters are so entertaining - the boys aren't backward about coming forward, and mostly they talk a load of poo, but it's hilarious! The Northern Irish lad is a plonker - but is becoming somewhat of a loveable rogue, because he's a funny chancer.

Some of the candidates are REALLY impressive - that one Zara - she's SO confident, and articulate - but perhaps it's take more than words and confidence to win the prize.

The aerial shots are breathtaking - for those alone, it's worth watching!

And lastly - sorry, TV3 - but it's great to have no long ad breaks, and no 'lectures' about how great the sponsors/firms being featured are. Obviously, TV3 do the best with what they've got, and they haven't got a fraction of the resources available to the Beeb.

Last year, I felt that the Irish version stood up the UK one - maybe we have Panis the Greek to thank for that - but my goodness, this year, the Young Apprentice is in a league of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Because the tasks are on a par with the adult version, and quite frankly, most of the teens in this show would wipe the floor with many of the candidates in the adult version - and possibly almost all of the candidates in the Irish series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Because the tasks are on a par with the adult version, and quite frankly, most of the teens in this show would wipe the floor with many of the candidates in the adult version - and possibly almost all of the candidates in the Irish series.
    100% agreed. This years Irish crew are mostly useless and they should be forced to watch these kids and learn how it's done. Normally I enjoy all the shows on the same level but this year jnr is kicking the Irish versions ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

is this repeated on any night. I am so over the irish one - if this is all they can offer as the best in the country then we really are feckked. didn't even bother trying to remember their names this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

is this repeated on any night. I am so over the irish one - if this is all they can offer as the best in the country then we really are feckked. didn't even bother trying to remember their names this year.

I don't think the Junior Apprentice is repeated at all. What you could do if you have SKY+ or UPC, is record the Irish Apprentice and watch the Junior Apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I don't think the Junior Apprentice is repeated at all. What you could do if you have SKY+ or UPC, is record the Irish Apprentice and watch the Junior Apprentice.
    Our Sky box can record the two shows simultaneously. Try record two programmes at the same time for a test run. I found out by accident! :P

• Advertisement

LisaLee wrote: »
    Our Sky box can record the two shows simultaneously. Try record two programmes at the same time for a test run. I found out by accident! :P
    You have to watch one of them though or leave it on one of the channels.......you can't record two and watch a third if you get me.

Their's a Dual platter HDD in the newer boxes, that's how it works.

Advertisement