Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Series 2011

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

If any team has a spare 100k or so I'd be willing to take it to throw balls for a year. Silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Crucial Youth

8-10 wrote: »
    Harrison has to go soon
    Gone!here comes Wilson. I reckon he's going to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hell I could even just hit the batters.

Eating my words. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

It is starting to unravel for Texas now and CJ Wilson don't inspire confidence with that first pitch...

amacachi wrote: »
    Hell I could even just hit the batters.
    Hahaha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Am I the only Cards fan in Ireland?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

One away!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

• Advertisement

Yea, once the Cardinals got ahead last night the Rangers never looked like getting back into it. I think losing game 6 must have broken them. Fair play to the Cards for their comeback and congrats to them...

Big question now is will Pujols stay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Coeus wrote: »
    Big question now is will Pujols stay...

I'd say he will. The usual big spenders who have a chance of winning (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies) are all sorted at first base so if he does chase the money he'll end up playing at at sides who aren't competitive and I don't think he's the kind of player who wants to play at a 70 win team no matter how much money he's getting.

The Cubs could be an option that that Epstein's there but that would be considered treachery in St. Louis and I don't know would he do that.

I'd say he will. The usual big spenders who have a chance of winning (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies) are all sorted at first base so if he does chase the money he'll end up playing at at sides who aren't competitive and I don't think he's the kind of player who wants to play at a 70 win team no matter how much money he's getting.

The Cubs could be an option that that Epstein's there but that would be considered treachery in St. Louis and I don't know would he do that.
    Yea, I kinda think he will aswell. Not many players these days play their whole career in one uniform and I think he wants to be one of those players. I do think he wants value for his talent which is fair enough considering what ARod got. But he have to give a hometown discount to stay as someone like the Cubs will probably offer silly money to get him...

As for the Cards they will be at least as good next year with Wainwright back. Alot of their younger players have stepped up and should kick on next season. Berkman may return aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Am I the only Cards fan in Ireland?

No ;)

Advertisement