Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late night endlessbattle?

Options
  • 17-10-2011 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

anyone up for some psn endless? I'm tired and cant sleep :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Steps to follow;
    Go here; http://streetfighter.ie/
    Click chat.
    Join chat.
    Ask in there.

And good luck, virtually no PSN players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 psnendlessguy

thanks bud

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Voa wrote: »
    And good luck, virtually no PSN players.

Lol, there are a handful of us that have the game on both systems (myself and Hound do), though after playing 30+ games on XBL and almost 30 on PSN you realize why PSN is free :pac:

psnendlessguy: If you were the player with the PSN handle Eggriced who came into the chatroom on randomselect, nice meetin ya, but if your goning to take the game seriously you need to do something about that connection. Heres a few pointers

1. Make sure your PS3 is getting NAT1 or NAT2 in your network connection test, if not then you need to port forward your router or put your PS3 in a DMZ (demilitarized zone). If this sounds foreign to you, find out the make/model of your router and try this website

www.portforward.com

2. Use an Ethernet cable instead of Wifi, its less laggy and virtually immune to interference from other other Wifi devices near you (your neighbors Wifi for example).

3. Accept the fact that PSN is crap compared to X-Box live, but its ok if your just starting off. Once you get above average though, you might want to consider getting an X-Box. Even with a fast connection (I have 20mb UPC cable) and a good router (I have my own as most of the ones you get from your ISP are crap) PSN is no match for XBL, but if PSN is all you have you might as well make the most out of it.

Why thank you, it is always a pleasure to meet new acquaintances.
    Make no mistake about it J0hnick I plan to take this game very serious, when I was little my siblings and I would sit around our commodore 64 playing World Warrior, ever since then it has been my dream to become number one 'world warrior' sorry about my connection ill try to sort out something better as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Why thank you, it is always a pleasure to meet new acquaintances.
    Make no mistake about it J0hnick I plan to take this game very serious, when I was little my siblings and I would sit around our commodore 64 playing World Warrior, ever since then it has been my dream to become number one 'world warrior' sorry about my connection ill try to sort out something better as soon as I can.

I believe this classifies as child abuse.

• Advertisement

Lol, yea, pretty much the only home port of "World Warrior" worth playing was the Snes version. I remember the xmas we all got Super Nintendos just for SF2 and one of my friends didnt, his mother got him the Amiga version, he actually started crying :pac:

Still, as bad as the Amiga version was

It obviously wasn't as bad as the c64 version

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

J0hnick wrote: »
    Lol, yea, pretty much the only home port of "World Warrior" worth playing was the Snes version.
    A post about the only good home version of SF2? Begin the countdown for DooM and Chopper to appear!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Snes was the best of the world warrior alright, the rest got champion edition and then the snes got hyper fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

C64 World Warrior for the side tournament at Tempest 9.

mackg wrote: »
    C64 World Warrior for the side tournament at Tempest 9.

Finally someone that makes sense.
    Mackg I don't even know you, but already I love you.

Mr RopeDrink would I be right in assuming your a night owl such as myself? In any case I may be acquiring the pc version of AE soon, if you would like ill give you a holla when I do.

How do you guys find AE on the pc compared to AE on psn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I agree, I loved SF2 in the arcades as a kid, and I loved my Commodore 64.

One look at the C64 port though and I was like "Pffft, Screw that!"

Wasn't there an error on some stages where a character would get stuck high up in the air, like they were sitting on an invisible box, and then became incredible hard to defeat?

I agree, I loved SF2 in the arcades as a kid, and I loved my Commodore 64.

One look at the C64 port though and I was like "Pffft, Screw that!"

Agreed, although the first game I bought for my C64 was a port of a 1 on 1 fighting game, behold

It was as good an arcade port on the C64 as SF2 was on the Snes, as in it wasn't as pretty as the arcade but played 99% the same, not that it was ever that deep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

International Karate, Yie ar Kung Fu, and the Way of the Exploding fist were all awesome in their day, and weren't half as bad as that SF2 port.

Even "Barbarian" to a certain extent, even though it was just shallow and gorey (Like a primordial Mortal Kombat :pac:)

Advertisement