Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me some games, you sexy, sexy people you..

Options
  • 18-10-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

As in the title, looking for decent new games for either PS3 or 360. Either stuff I missed out on or that are as yet unreleased.

Here's a list of what I have already to give you an idea of what I lean towards, played em all to death so need something new. Cheers! :D

(I've highlighted in bold the games that I like, the rest are muck imo)

PS3:

MK9, SSFIV, Fallout NV, Dead Space 1&2,

Resistance 1&2, Batman AA, Just Cause 2, GTA IV,

Assassins Creed 2 & Brotherhood,

Sega Mega Drive Collection,
    Genji, RE 5,

GoW Collection & 3, Mass Effect 2, Tekken 6, MGS 4,

Uncharted 1&2, Lost Planet 2,

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, FF XIII,

M Vs C 3, COD 4 MW & MW2,

Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare.

360:

Gears Of War 2, Lost Odyssey, Forza Motorsport,

Alien Vs Predator, Alan Wake, MK Vs Dc Universe,

Mass Effect, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Braid.

Absolutely no sports games, cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

List lacks Dark Souls.

Buy Dark Souls.

Fall in love with getting your ass kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

God of war origins collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

You should check out the new deus ex, excellent game in my opinion, if you like rpgs its defo up your street

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also, I see no Bayonetta on that list. It's like God of War, but with the added bonus of a combat system that has depth and subtlety. And awesome cover versions of Fly Me to the Moon, references to obscure video games and the best boss fights of many a console generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Also, I see no Bayonetta on that list. It's like God of War, but with the added bonus of a combat system that has depth and subtlety. And awesome cover versions of Fly Me to the Moon, references to obscure video games and the best boss fights of many a console generation.

Played the Ps3 demo of that and wasn't hugely impressed though I've heard the 360 version is better somehow.

Hated Devil May Cry 4 so Bayonetta just seemed a little too similar. Will give it another look.

• Advertisement

Mega Chin wrote: »
    God of war origins collection?

Yeah, heard about that. Have Ghost of Sparta on the Psp but to have both games on Ps3 wouldn't suck.

List lacks Dark Souls.

Buy Dark Souls.

Fall in love with getting your ass kicked.

Yes, will definitely give this a look. Is it worth bothering with Demons Souls if I get this?

So far I'm definitely looking forward to the new Batman and Uncharted games. Deus Ex will prob be a rental job but I'm sure I'll like it and end up buying it.

Cheers folks, anything else?

Portal 2 worth a shot?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

As I see Fallout NV is on the list the perhaps Borderlands might also worth a look? (And hope you have just failled to mention Fallout 3, rather than not having played it. If not then this needs to be rectified immediately :p)

Portal 2 worth a shot?

Oh yes!

marco_polo wrote: »
    As I see Fallout NV is on the list the perhaps Borderlands might also worth a look? (And hope you have just failled to mention Fallout 3, rather than not having played it. If not then this needs to be rectified immediately :p)

Oh yes!

Know nothing about Borderlands, will check it out.

You're right, forgot F3. Don't worry, it's class :D

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »

Oh yes!

Agreed, I would say it is better than New Vegas personally.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Are we really sexy? *flutters eyelashes*

You know it, sexy buns ;)

x

Also would say Heavy Rain is worth a play trough or 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Valkyria chronicles is a must

And dark souls

Two votes for Dark Souls now, think I'll pick that up tomorrow.

What about the Move controller, waste of cash or does it make certain games better or what? Like Heavy Rain etc.

The Wii has certainly clouded my perception of this motion controller malarkey and I can't stand the Kinect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Two votes for Dark Souls now, think I'll pick that up tomorrow.

What about the Move controller, waste of cash or does it make certain games better or what? Like Heavy Rain etc.

The Wii has certainly clouded my perception of this motion controller malarkey and I can't stand the Kinect.

House of the dead overkill out soon for ps3 , bout as a good game as it gets for the move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lost Odyssy.

A must have for any rpg fan on xbox.

Also +1 more for Dark souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Uncharted fooking rules. Totally worth buying a ps3 just for them.

Lost Odyssy.

A must have for any rpg fan on xbox.

Also +1 more for Dark souls.

Agree with ye there, it's great. The game FF13 should have been. Stuck halfway through the bastard thing and haven't touched it in a year though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Agree with ye there, it's great. The game FF13 should have been. Stuck halfway through the bastard thing and haven't touched it in a year though.
    stuck in lost odyssy or ff?? Can help ya with both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Obvious choices would be Portal 2 (awesome) as well as Gears 3 & Resistance 3 which are the best in their respective series' so you should like them.

Left 4 Dead 2 is great craic with a few mates, though it's out a while now so it's unlikely many of your mates are still playing it. Still good craic online though!

Oh, The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection on the PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bioshock 1 and 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Is it worth bothering with Demons Souls if I get this?

yes!but it will make you cry like a b1tch it so fecking hard--having said that when you die its nearly always your own fault!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

+infinity for Dark Souls.
    Yes, will definitely give this a look. Is it worth bothering with Demons Souls if I get this?

It is definitely worth getting, however, more than likely you will have to import. Very hart to get in stores here.

*Waste of time and cash imo.

*Haven't bought it or used it, but I just know...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lego Star Wars

Warhawk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Vanquish, should be cheap as chips now and it's still ****ing excellent.

I'm playing through Demon's Souls at the moment and even if Dark Souls is a better game I'd still 100% recommend getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

gizmo wrote: »
    Vanquish, should be cheap as chips now and it's still ****ing excellent.

I'm playing through Demon's Souls at the moment and even if Dark Souls is a better game I'd still 100% recommend getting it.
    +1 on Vanquish too. I came in here to recommend it. Cheap as chips.

Also, Darksiders.

Right, looks like Dark Souls is a definite buy today, I find most modern games to be far too easy so it'll be nice to have my ass handed to me for once if you're all to be believed. (and I think you are :))

Also, it's a toss up between Portal, Deus and Resistance 3.

Appreciate it everyone!

• Advertisement

Right, just spent the last five hours playing dark souls.

Holy mother of jaysis! :eek:

Love it!

Advertisement