Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will ANYONE tattoo the palm of my hand?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I want 2 tiny footprints in the palm of my hand in memory of my daughter. Noone will agree to do my hand!

Its my hand, I understand the reasons, but that's what I want and its MY hand. Anyone know where I can get it done please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Terribly sorry for your loss but I don't think you'd be happy with the result.

The palm of your hand has more wear and tear than any other part on your body so they will blur and fade far quicker and within a year be some blobby mess that you wish you never got.

Is there anywhere else that would suffice. Heart maybe? (IE chest).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Problem with the hand is that the ink just won't last. In a couple of years it'll be very faded and some of the ink might have fallen out so it'll look crap. You'd need touch ups quite often and many tattoo artists won't do the hands unless you're heavily tattooed already. How about on your wrist or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

DesertMoon wrote: »
    I want 2 tiny footprints in the palm of my hand in memory of my daughter. Noone will agree to do my hand!

Its my hand, I understand the reasons, but that's what I want and its MY hand. Anyone know where I can get it done please?

why not get the footprints on your feet. It would be like shes walking with you were ever you go:D I would advise against your hand as after time it will look like a blob of ink

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

Thanks for the replies - I guess you re right!

Would they do my wrist then? Isn't that a very sore place?:eek: (Tattoo virgin here:D, as i am so indecisive)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wrist would be fine. I only have a small one on my wrist and it was ok, just a bit more stingy than the other places I've had done. Put pain differs from person to person. Plus pain-wise the palm of the hands is supposedly one of the most painful places to get tattooed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The fact that you've no other ink at all means no decent artist will do high visible areas, neck,hands and face.

Wrist is grand though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Chap I know up north has the palm of his hand done. It looks grand but he has to go back for touchups a bit to often for my liking.

Sorry to hear about your loss :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

DesertMoon wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies - I guess you re right!

Would they do my wrist then? Isn't that a very sore place?:eek: (Tattoo virgin here:D, as i am so indecisive)

Sorry for your loss :( The wrist doesn't hurt too much at all! But personally I think Spunk84's idea of getting them on your feet is very sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭deadramones

I've only got the sides of my hands done which is somewhat comparable but nowhere near as painful as the palms and believe me I felt every second of it. If you're worried about pain I'd avoid the palms. It'll hurt afterwards for some even days, from my friends who've had theirs done you feel the pain up your whole arm and it's intense. The healing process is crap and it has to be blown out to make it stay in so don't expect nice clean lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Sorry for your loss OP.

I have my wrists tattoo'd and would suggest it too, it doesn't hurt as much as other parts of the body. Personally it felt more like a burning sensation to me, but the pain didn't last nearly as long.

I do like Spunk84's idea as well tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

Very sorry for your loss OP. I only have one, on my wrist. It's just a small bird, but I didn't find that very painful really, so I think that's a good idea.

Advertisement