Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music has peaked, time for a new hobby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Surely this is a parody?

I've just done a little Googleing and seen that they're mentored by Lance Bass and "managed" by a guy who posts parody videos on his website FEATURING Mr.Bass himself, so although Swagger Jagger has shown me that I should never be surprised when it comes to horrible music, this is still a bit too much to be real no?

Best amptest ever for facebook. If anyone shares that, bang, deleted.

It's not Irony. It's shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Love the reactions from the girls in the video.
    They so excited. It must be Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭mg1

OH BE THE HOKEY
    Isn't that some s**t! But i guarantee when my kids see it they will record it and watch it a million feckin times and it'll be the next big thing.
    JEDWARD ALL THE WAY! need i say more.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A lot of effort has gone into it to be a parody...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I found an article about this song

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/07/lance-bass-boy-band-heart2heart-facebook-official_n_1000615.html
    While the video looks like it cost someone some major cash, it's not certain if the group, with their Justin Bieber meets 2001 style and song called "Facebook Official" is a real musical group or a parody. According to The Prophet Blog, the group's frontman David Lehre aka Chad Future, is a filmmaker who has a history of creating boy band parody videos.

It could very well be a parody, but they seem to have put in a lot of effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'm guessing it's a parody, it's quite well done... I can imagine those noisy f**kers on the back of the bus playing this.

There's a similar song about BEBO and Myspace, I heard it playing from a jukebox in a pub recently, I can't recall the lyrics but it was sadly legit.

Advertisement