Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRP thread

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering if there is any particular reason that this user hasn't received an admin response to their DRP thread in almost a month?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I imagine all the CMods lost the will to live about half-way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

yekahS wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if there is any particular reason that this user hasn't received an admin response to their DRP thread in almost a month?

Just to add to this, I had also PM'ed one of the admins and posted in one of the mod forums to try bump this up to the admins about 2 weeks ago but received no response. It's being sorted now, but one week for CMod action and about three weeks for admin action is too long. Not that all DR threads have had to wait that long, but could the mods of the DR forum PM the CMods to make them aware of it, and then either they or the CMods notify the Admins if required? If that is actually the system currently in place, in my opinion, it needs to be tightened up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Penn wrote: »
    but could the mods of the DR forum PM the CMods to make them aware of it, and then either they or the CMods notify the Admins if required?

The mods of DRP are the admins.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Just to add to this, I had also PM'ed one of the admins and posted in one of the mod forums to try bump this up to the admins about 2 weeks ago but received no response. It's being sorted now, but one week for CMod action and about three weeks for admin action is too long. Not that all DR threads have had to wait that long, but could the mods of the DR forum PM the CMods to make them aware of it, and then either they or the CMods notify the Admins if required? If that is actually the system currently in place, in my opinion, it needs to be tightened up.

Thanks for that. Appreciate the effort. And now is as good a time as any to say that I don't take the ban personally or have any kind of grudge and hope nothing I've said in the DRP thread offends you. Difference of opinion/perspective is all. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

I imagine all the CMods lost the will to live about half-way through.

Want your oar back?

I suppose you'd turn the other cheek if you were falsely accused of anti-semitism and racism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Spear wrote: »
    The mods of DRP are the admins.

Apologies, I saw two mod names in the list of mods on the forum but didn't realise they were Help Desk mods.

In which case, I'd just say that threads need to be checked more often, by Admins and CMods. It's not a fast moving forum with dozens of new threads each day, and Brown Bomber had bumped the thread several times. And on another previous DR thread relating to me, I had to PM the CMods after a week as no one had responded to it. Obviously, I know mods/cmods/admins can't check everything every day and it's a volunteer role, but the Dispute Resolution forum is an important one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I see Lolth has taken it on now, so this thread can be locked I suppose.

Unless people want to discuss the DR process in general?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Apologies, I saw two mod names in the list of mods on the forum but didn't realise they were Help Desk mods.

Shield and I are inherited from Helpdesk, there's only a small number of janitorial things we can do in DRP i.e. remove stray threads.

Advertisement