Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for web hosting

Options
  • 18-10-2011 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭

I hope this is the right place for this, I got a guy to built me a website last year, all good there. This year he send me a bill for the hosting for the year, he want 9 euro for registration and 20 euro for hosting for the year, I have just a .com address, does this sound right to you guys.
    Thanks
    Niall

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sounds quite cheap.

(FYI, discussions on hosting aren't allowed due to heated debates, etc. in the past)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

That's very cheap.

A .com domain is about ten dollars (depending on where you go).
    Hosting can be sourced for about €20 but it possibly is part of a shared a/c or has limited offerings. Either way, it sounds like the Ops web designer is not fleecing them on annual fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I pay 250 Euro a year for my webhosting and I'm more than happy with it. Don't look a gifthorse in the mouth OP! :D;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Is it possible that the guy is hosting it himself hence why he can charge so cheap?

I'd say its more likely that they have a shared hosting account with one of the hosting companies that allows them to have multiple domains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement